Lightroom on two pc's....

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Now I have a laptop I want to have lightroom on the laptop too, but how can I make them work well together.

For example, if I work on one I want to be able to take it away and work on the laptop quickly and easily.

The only way I can see doing that is to use an external drive and have both photos and lightroom catalogue on it.

I don't think you can have the catalog on an external drive.

The way I would do it is to treat one as a master catalog and import all the images to that. Maybe that could be done with auto import?

If you are keeping all the images in one place and acessing them from 2 catalogs make sure the option to write metadata straight away is checked (probably easier with DNG files) that way changes in one catalog will be embedded into the file for the other catalog to read.

It's a network location that LR won't open a catalogue from, an external drive is fine although speed can be an issue when LR searches the db. But having a single catalogue on the portable drive does remove the need to keep the images in sync (y)

hmm, might need to look at getting a better usb drive, although I want it to be as dast as possible but as portable as possible.

Back