Lightroom

Name
Sharon
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, for years I've been working with the standalone Lightroom which I brought and installed. Because I've brought a new computer and cannot transfer my Lightroom from my old PC to new one, I have today registered with the online Lightroom. It's very different. I can't find a way to import raw files only (I shoot in raw and jpeg) or how to put my watermark in to insert in edited photos when saving. Any advice please as not sure whether to cancel the account.

Lightroom CC Classic would be the equivalent version of the old standalone Lightroom. That would work in the way you are used to. The mobile/web CC version to a cut version of the stand-alone/LR CC Classic.

The subscription is called the photography plan. It includes photoshop and Lightroom with 20GB cloud storage. The other plan is Lightroom and 1TB storage.

I was hoping to do transfer but unable to find my code.

Is it better to have the standalone rather than the online? Any views?

It depending on the plan you have bought. The Lightroom plan is Lightroom only which is basically a lower, mobile focus version. The Photography Plan has both of the Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. There is no CC in the Lightroom names anymore so don't get confused with that. If you are regularly using a standalone version before then Lightroom Classic is the version you want to be using.

With Lightroom on the desktop there is no ability to add watermarks at all.

Is it better to have the standalone rather than the online? Any views?
Online, if your computer and software OS can handle it.

Edit: Sorry my English got confused, I just realised my mistake. By online I was meaning, get the subscription with the Classic version and use that.

Last edited:
I got confused too because they took the CC out of the name.
You have to run lightroom classic and not lightroom which is this cloud based business apart if that what you want to run obviously (I think people which use more that one device, their phone, their tablet, their laptop, use it from work,... may like it). For me i only use laptop on one machine it has no interrest.

Hi, I am new to this forum I have a question about exporting raw files from Lightroom but doing it in safe mode and would like to find out because it is in safe mode would that reduce quality. Thanks

I might be too late, but if you bought LR on Adobe, you should be able to get your code from them. (I've done it twice)

Hi, I am new to this forum I have a question about exporting raw files from Lightroom but doing it in safe mode and would like to find out because it is in safe mode would that reduce quality. Thanks
I don't follow your question.

Are you talking about putting your computer into 'safe mode' and then running Lightroom? Or, are you meaning making some change to Lightroom or its export features that you are calling 'safe mode'. As far as I know, LR doesn't have a 'safe mode'. Starting a computer in safe mode will disable third party extensions. But, I don't see why it would change the performance of export module of LR. You might want to claify and provide more information about your computer type, operating version, version of LR, etc.

All that said, this question reall should be placed in a new thread, since it doesn't relate to the OP's original question.

Online, if your computer and software OS can handle it.

Edit: Sorry my English got confused, I just realized my mistake. By online I was meaning, get the subscription with the Classic version and use that.
If you are using 'Classic', you should be able to copy the libraries and photos from your old computer to the new one and use them without needing to re-import, etc. The new LR might need to upgrade the library. And, depending on how you were storing your images, you might need to re-link them.

If you are using 'Classic', you should be able to copy the libraries and photos from your old computer to the new one and use them without needing to re-import, etc. The new LR might need to upgrade the library. And, depending on how you were storing your images, you might need to re-link them.
What has this reply got to do with my comment? Sorry, I am confused.

Back