lightroom

Thanks Faldrax
So I will need the 20Gb version to save locally.
I still dont get why photoshop alone cost twice as much.
The Photoshop plan is a bundle with 100Gb cloud, and includes Fresco and Firefly - I think it's aimed at those who use PS as more a graphic design package than a photographic editing package.

Thanks everyone for taking the time.
One last question
Is there any functinality difference between LR & LRC to me when you say classic it means out dated old version ie canon 5D classic an old camera still works but missing modern functions.
Thanks in advance

Thanks everyone for taking the time.
One last question
Is there any functinality difference between LR & LRC to me when you say classic it means out dated old version ie canon 5D classic an old camera still works but missing modern functions.
Thanks in advance
Classic is the more mature version and for a while LR cloud didn’t have all the features that classic had but I believe most of the features have caught up now. I’ve never used LR cloud but classic is still updated regularly so won’t be missing anything that the cloud version has.

Classic is the more mature version and for a while LR cloud didn’t have all the features that classic had but I believe most of the features have caught up now. I’ve never used LR cloud but classic is still updated regularly so won’t be missing anything that the cloud version has.
Thank you think Im sorted now. Got a week off soon will take the 7day free trial then before I commit
All replies much appreciated.
Sorry for being TAPS ( Thick As Pigs S**t)

Move on. I get that you can’t grasp the concept of irony and sarcasm.
I would guess that nearly 100% of Photoshop/Lightroom subscription users do not use 100% of the Photoshop/Lightroom functionality.

But still pay for it...

Do you?

I would guess that nearly 100% of Photoshop/Lightroom subscription users do not use 100% of the Photoshop/Lightroom functionality.

But still pay for it...

Do you?
Oh get over it will you. It’s £10/month at most. If you can’t afford it there are other options. Nobody is forcing you to subscribe to anything.

Take a look at Darktable that's free

Thanks,

I've got other SW that I use. It's weird. I used to be an avid Adobe user, from Photoshop 1.0. Then on to a couple of apps, then Creative Suite 1. Onwards and upwards, until the £70 a month subscription. Driven not by customers, or staff, but shareholders. If you could shopping list Adobe products it might be more palatable.

As I've said before PS/LR on their own get you a reasonable annual price. But proprietary files aren't yours though, if you stop subscribing.

Oh get over it will you. It’s £10/month at most. If you can’t afford it there are other options. Nobody is forcing you to subscribe to anything.
Perhaps delete your Council Tax post in this
  • Talk Post Processing and Image Editing
thread...?

Last edited:
If you use them.
I don’t know but I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say that anybody who subscribes to the full package will be using the software.

I know that I wouldn’t use any of the other software and guess what? Adobe has never forced me to subscribe to it.

Reactions: TG.

But still pay for it...

Do you?

Probably a fair assumption.

I still pay for the package, yet I subscribe predominantly for Lightroom. I rarely use Photoshop. It is a useful tool for removing a dirty mark on my sensor in certain situations, I find photoshop difficult to work with and it can do many things I would love to achieve but I don't have the knowledge or skills to get the best from it. The cloning tool is about all I use from it. I have some great ideas I'd like to bring to fruition using photoshop but I just don't understand it enough.

I am however happy paying £9.98/month for the use of Lightroom regardless of whether I use it all the time or occasionally. It's there when I want to use it, at the moment it's getting a fair bit of use, then sometimes I don't touch it for weeks on end. Someone earlier on in the discussion mentioned about paying £7 for a pint of beer.... that's ludicrous pricing and LR is far better value!

Thanks,

I've got other SW that I use. It's weird. I used to be an avid Adobe user, from Photoshop 1.0. Then on to a couple of apps, then Creative Suite 1. Onwards and upwards, until the £70 a month subscription. Driven not by customers, or staff, but shareholders. If you could shopping list Adobe products it might be more palatable.

As I've said before PS/LR on their own get you a reasonable annual price. But proprietary files aren't yours though, if you stop subscribing.
It’s still £57, no matter how many times you tell people it’s over £70

What proprietary files?
They remain your raw files which are still accessible if you stop subscribing, even the edited ones. PSD files can be read by many other software packages, as can tif files.

Last edited:
What proprietary files?
They remain your raw files which are still accessible if you stop subscribing, even the edited ones. PSD files can be read by many other software packages, as can tif files.
I stand corrected.

Lightroom files can be read by other DAMs and PSD files can be used, with all the layers and filters and so on, by other applications.

Last edited:
It’s still £57, no matter how many times you tell people it’s over £70
Ah yes, it is £56.98.

When did it change? (and why...?)

Ah yes, it is £56.98.

When did it change? (and why...?)
Looking at Wayback Machine It's never been £70 or above.

It started in 2017 at £49.94 and stayed there until 2022 when it went up to £51.98 before rising again this year to what it is now.

The Photography plan started at £9.98 in 2017 and is still £9.98. Those greedy bastards!!!!

I stand corrected.

Lightroom files can be read by other DAMs and PSD files can be used, with all the layers and filters and so on, by other applications.
Note: If you stop your LR subscription then much of the LR functionality - including ALL of the Catalogue functionality still works - the Develop area becomes unavailable, but you can happily use LR (unsubscribed) to manage your photo collection as a DAM, and another editing tool to perform any raw conversion / editing.

Note: If you stop your LR subscription then much of the LR functionality - including ALL of the Catalogue functionality still works - the Develop area becomes unavailable, but you can happily use LR (unsubscribed) to manage your photo collection as a DAM, and another editing tool to perform any raw conversion / editing.
Good to know, thanks.

Looking at Wayback Machine It's never been £70 or above.

It started in 2017 at £49.94 and stayed there until 2022 when it went up to £51.98 before rising again this year to what it is now.

The Photography plan started at £9.98 in 2017 and is still £9.98. Those greedy bastards!!!!
Ah, you are talking about individuals for personal use.

For businesses, it is £65.49 plus VAT. So over £70, unless VAT registered.

The cheap Photography deal doesn't appear to be available for businesses.

Last edited:
Ah, you are talking about individuals for personal use.

For businesses, it is £65.49 plus VAT. So over £70, unless VAT registered.

Why would be talking about packages for business?

I don't know why its more expensive for business. Perhaps there are other perks or multi user licensing. I'm not even going to look into it but I'd say that any business complaining about £65.49/month for the tools they need to operate their business probably aren't very good at business.

As a business I pay monthly for my accounting software. Why? How often does accounting software need to change? It never used to be like that but that's the way software is going now. It's pointless me moaning about it as I don't have a choice, they all charge monthly now. The monthly outgoing is a drop in the ocean and it's a tool I need to run my business.

Reactions: TG.
Why would be talking about packages for business?

I don't know why its more expensive for business. Perhaps there are other perks or multi user licensing. I'm not even going to look into it but I'd say that any business complaining about £65.49/month for the tools they need to operate their business probably aren't very good at business.

As a business I pay monthly for my accounting software. Why? How often does accounting software need to change? It never used to be like that but that's the way software is going now. It's pointless me moaning about it as I don't have a choice, they all charge monthly now. The monthly outgoing is a drop in the ocean and it's a tool I need to run my business.
Ah, so you don't use the Photography deal for your business.

Ah, so you don't use the Photography deal for your business.

I subscribe because of my hobby which is photography. My business is not photography related.

I use Photoshop very occasionally for something business related. If I didn't already have PS, I would not subscribe to Photoshop because I just wouldn't use it enough to justify the expense. In that case I would buy Affinity Photo.

I would suspect that the majority of businesses that subscribes to Adobe full suites are probably going to be in the business of something like Advertising, Web Development, Graphic Design or Print and as such the month subscription is probably worth every penny to them.

But still pay for it...

Do you?
And do you use 100% of any software that you own? But still paid for it ....

And do you use 100% of any software that you own? But still paid for it ....
It's a comment on his disquiet at paying Council Tax for things he doesn't use.

It's a comment on his disquiet at paying Council Tax for things he doesn't use.
Which was clearly a joke - that you appear to be treating seriously for a reason that makes sense only to you ;)

Dear oh dear oh dear! I can see there are going to be tears before bedtime.

Please just play nicely children - it makes for a quiet life.

I pay £2400/year to have my bins emptied so I don't consider LR poor value for money. £74/year for a hobby I love is peanuts.

Which was clearly a joke - that you appear to be treating seriously for a reason that makes sense only to you ;)

Yup. Clearly a joke.

He doesn't pay £2400 a year to empty his bins. Abject silliness from him. What a joke!

Last edited:
Yup. Clearly a joke.

He doesn't pay £2400 a year to empty his bins. Abject silliness from him. What a joke!
Like us he may well pay £2400 a year council tax, which considering the state of the roads and services near us really is a joke. We also have to pay an additional fee just to have our green bin emptied, though in fairness that is currently slightly less than a Lightroom subscription.

Back