Lightweight compact travel tripod help!

LewisHall

Suspended / Banned
Name
Lewis
Edit My Images
Yes
I don't know if anyone can help... but I'm sure someone can!

I'm looking to buy a lightweight tripod that compacts small enough to travel with but still extends to a reasonable height so I'm not bending down just to look through the viewfinder!

I'm looking to spend around £150 but no more!

I'm going Thailand for 3 weeks in November so want to bring it there with me so want it compact and lightweight enough that's it's not gonna be a pain in the arse carrying it round with me!

Have a look at the manfrotto befree - don't have one myself however I'm the same position as you are and I think from what I've seen all the comments / reviews about it are in the general consensus of it being a quality tripod for the size weight and cost. Like I said I don't own one but I will do in the very near future :)

Whilst I don't own one, I've used a Manfrotto Before and thought it was excellent, extends to a decent height and should be in your budget

I have a thread asking the same question

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/travel-tripod.644157/

I just bought a manfrotto Beefree one from Wex.

At the moment there is a 20% off code on this and the vanguard referred to in one of the posts on the thread I initiated, there is no indication as to how long the offer will last, so it might be worth getting in quick or at least ringing them up

I have a manfrotto befree and I think it's great. It's not the most sturdy tripod when fully extended, but on a calm day I'll happily attached my 6D and 70-200f2.8.

It's certainly not a tripod I would use for every day stuff, but if you need something compact and lightweight, you can't go wrong with it.

The aluminium version is well within your budget and it also comes in carbon fibre flavour.

Vanguard VEO 235AB Travel Tripod with TBH-50 Ball-Head or 265AB might be a good choice. I have just ordered 235AB from amazon for £89 using some vouchers, fingers crossed its as good as reviews and specs show.

If you're backpacking around Thailand then perhaps you may prefer to use a smaller gorillapod type setup. It appeared, at least to me, that photographers with big cameras or tripods out there don't really suit the environment- Unless you're just staying in BKK or another city. Have fun!!

Thanks for your help everyone! I've got a D7200... I decided to go with the manfrotto befree!

Back