Little bit different from me

The first three are darn good! (y)(y)
His masculine character is right in there, no question about it.
One note if I may, the top right one is a tad too dark to the two!

I like the fist 3 as they are or thereabouts.
On 4, he is a bit lost in the background.
On 5, ermmm busy.

If these are these part of a wider portfolio of the model (or your work) then 4 & 5 may very well have a place in it.

The first 3.. you have done an exceptional job of reading and using the light. Did you use a reflector?

Slight shame about the cropped fingers but not a biggie. I much prefer this new processing direction but would like to see it a little more consistent across the set.

I love the third image- very engaging only one slight niggle- he seems to have a pillar growing out of his head a slight change of angle would have sorted this - the lighting and focus are for me spot on.

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the fist 3 as they are or thereabouts.
On 4, he is a bit lost in the background.
On 5, ermmm busy.

If these are these part of a wider portfolio of the model (or your work) then 4 & 5 may very well have a place in it.

Thank you for the comments, the last one is bit busy, agree, but I like it still. I tried to recreate one of the poses I;ve seen somewhere, however should have chosen plane wall instead.
There are more photos from that photo session, but I need to process them first. will post more later on

The first 3.. you have done an exceptional job of reading and using the light. Did you use a reflector?

Slight shame about the cropped fingers but not a biggie. I much prefer this new processing direction but would like to see it a little more consistent across the set.

Thank you Simon!
I have not used any additional equipment, just 85mm lens. It was bright sunny day and the street was kind of narrow with natural shade, at the end of it was river Thames, so I guess water worked as natural reflector, especially when we were just by the water.
I;ve taken the advice on board and started to look out for the light that works and more neutral backgrounds and I think I am moving into the right direction.
In regards to processing, I use Tribe archipelago b&w pre sets most of the time and for colour I either just adjust exposure and contrast and other bits and pieces manually or use colour pre sets from them as we'll, but reduce orange tone on skin and try ti bring back some highlights, so still experimenting what works for me.

I love the third image- very engaging only one slight niggle- he seems to have a pillar growing out of his head a slight change of angle would have sorted this - the lighting and focus are for me spot on.

Les

Thank you! Yes, I have noticed the pillars as well and cropped fingers..I have taken a few photos in this pose, but this one is still the best and works well overall.

Thank you! Yes, I have noticed the pillars as well and cropped fingers..I have taken a few photos in this pose, but this one is still the best and works well overall.

Thing is you have seen them and won't make the same mistakes again, any chance you'll be doing a re-shoot???

Les

Thing is you have seen them and won't make the same mistakes again, any chance you'll be doing a re-shoot???

Les
I've seen them when i was back home and editing my images.
The thing is, he will not notice any of it and even if i would try to recreate the same image, he might have a different look/pose.
Saying that, there are quite a few other photos where i have noticed same "mistakes" and changed my position while i was taking photos.

These are good Irene. I agree about the colour toning too, very good natural feel.

The last one, I feel that the camera missed focus, focussing on the wall which means his face is out of focus slightly but the wall is too sharp and distracting. You could try to do a little blurring of the wall in photoshop, but it's probably not worth the effort.
The poses are good, but personally, I think they need a little more spark to the facial expressions, something to show a little character, warmth, emotion..
Good stuff though, keep it up.

Back