Live Music - RSJ and Janus Stark

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Here are a few shots from the Janus Stark Reunion gig featuring ex-prodigy guitarist Gizz Butt

First Up, my buds and one of my fav bands, especially live....RSJ:

3548944863_ea9fc589f1.jpg

3548942177_5beebb6e52.jpg

3548937527_1c4d227cc1.jpg

and now, for Janus Stark:

3549800792_045c0ed76d.jpg

3549797502_d0aa106a07.jpg

3549795754_ed1e8912a5.jpg

3549792616_c39d38b1c7.jpg

3548979063_c773dab13d.jpg

So, there you have it, my heads on the chopping board, crit welcome :)

Mike

Love the processing on #2, though it took me a few seconds to work out what was going on!
Great expression in #3! I'm not surprised you like togging for them, they look very passionate about their music.

I think #5 is my favourite of the Janus Stark ones, the colour works wonders!

Anyone?

I'm gunna give this a bump to see if i can get any more crit on them

3, 5 and 7 I think are the stronger of the set. I think without the others, it would be a rock solid set. The others, I am either not enjoying the B&W or the lack of facial contact / emotion I guess.

Still, the good ones are cool :D

Gary.

I like 3 and 7. There is a real energy in these. You can see the effort and concentration. The others, I don't think, have as much power.

Good set.. I've never had the chance to try photographing musicians but I am sure it's no easy task. Number 2's a good pic in it's on right but actually looks like the person is crying.

I think you lose something with the B&W ones ..... when I was taking Gig pics in the early 80's I felt the colour and grain given with the 1200asa fuji film gave the pics atmosphere. Your colour shots have that same feel so I'd say only have 1 or 2 in the set b&w. Shame about #5 crop too tight on the r/h edge otherwise that would have been my fave. As it is #8 in a col version would be the one for me. (y)

The only ones I actually like out of this set is 3 and 7 because they are the only ones that convey any special emotion. However, I know conditions would have been tough so you've got a good set here, well exposed and sharp. (y)

2,3,5 & 7 are the ones that stand out for me, with 7 being the pick of the crop as it's captured the raw emotion excellently (y)

Thanks for all the comments guys, greatly appreciated

A good set, but it would be better if the background was more out of focus on some of them... I've never tried this type of gig togging, but don't think for a minute that it can be easy... I'll stick to things that don't move and are illuminated by bright lights! :D

A good set, but it would be better if the background was more out of focus on some of them

Thanks, and i totally agree. I wish i could have got it to be more OOF but then that isnt easy, working in such a small club

Thanks for the comments everyone, they are very helpful :)

Only just found this thread....apologies for tardiness!

There is nothing "wrong" with any of them, but for me they seem to lack warmth and feeling. # 3, 7 & 8 certainly show emotion, but the cold colours/lack of colour don't make me want to linger.....sorry!

Back