Lizzy Gadd on Skye

sirch

Official Forum Numpty 2015
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Watched it last week and thought it was a good video. It would be worth seeing large prints of her work I think, they are often much more impressive than what appears in a video

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow, there are some glorious pictures there; a remarkable talent and such a good eye.

Edit My Images
Yes
Really good and interesting video. My daughter watched a video of a landscape blogger with me yesterday and complained about him putting himself in all his shots ("to give a human scale"). But these were clearly self portraits set in landscapes rather than "a bloke in hiking gear standing in a landscape". Very nice. I'm off to watch the rest of the films in the series now.

Thanks for posting Peter, it was a very good watch

OP
OP
Peter B
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
These shots are ruined by her posing in them. I know this is a new trend but I loathe it with all my being.
Agree with Steve,. Nice location, compositions and light in some of them but she is distracting and ultimately ruins what would otherwise be quite good indeed.
It's an interesting idea that our landscapes should be devoid of people, but many of our "wildernesses" used to be quite heavily populated. I recall that OS maps used to have a cover shot without people, but that changed to having clear signs of human presence as that was what buyers wanted.

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Humm each to there own I suppose but I really love her images - there are plenty of 'normal' landscape shots to look at if you wish but I think it really adds something having her in them.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
It's an interesting idea that our landscapes should be devoid of people, but many of our "wildernesses" used to be quite heavily populated. I recall that OS maps used to have a cover shot without people, but that changed to having clear signs of human presence as that was what buyers wanted.
I guess I am not like other people - I certainly don't see the world the same way as a lot of people (I was recently diagnosed with Autism which explains a lot of the stresses and strains I experience in my life). I find these images highly irritating and I know I shouldn't but it is how I am. I see so much lovely work - marred and it annoys me intensely. Like these instagram shots with lone people in them - I mean why - you can see it's a big mountain - you don't need a hipster in a luminous coloured jacket to tell you this or a woman in some ridiculous outfit to give meaning to some of gods finest work.

Rant over!!!

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I rarely follow links like this, and even more rarely do I watch the entire thing, which I did here - but this was stunning and the use of a human form in them made them extra special for me

Maybe its that I love both landscape & people photography, and putting both together creates amazingly beautiful results for me

Thanks for sharing @Peter B :)

Dave

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Beautiful scenes very well photographed, there's no denying her talent, but it all seemed a little too ostentatious for me.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I rarely follow links like this, and even more rarely do I watch the entire thing, which I did here - but this was stunning and the use of a human form in them made them extra special for me

Maybe its that I love both landscape & people photography, and putting both together creates amazingly beautiful results for me

Thanks for sharing @Peter B :)

Dave
Just don't be putting yourself in yours.... I don't think it will work :LOL::LOL:

Stunning images though.....