Llandwyn..there could have been a TP meet!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
There could have been a Llandwyn Island TP meet in the last week or so there have been that many of us there.
I was grateful for the assistance of fellow members on my other thread about the carpark etc. I also decided on a sunrise than a sunset, the forecast looked good and I am sure to be back here....

1. Post sunrise but a bank of cloud was stopping the light hitting the lighthouse and rocks, but gave a nice glow to the clouds in the sky behind the lighthouse

Llandwyn Anglesey-1-2 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

The light eventually broke over the cloud and gave a nice glow to the rocks and lighthouse
Llandwyn Anglesey-1 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

3. A tighter crop with the nice light
Llandwyn Anglesey-1-3 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

4.Then had a wonder to explore other compositions and settled on this - struggled with the dynamic range but think ive rescued it with a mono conversion.
Llandwyn Anglesey-1-5 by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

The sea, the sea - its colour and smoothed reflections in the first lift that above the others, for me. And although the direct light on the land in 2 and 3 is initially striking, I'd rather live long term with the subtler first one.

I think both of the first two pictures are absolutely superb. I have to go with the first one. The duller lighting gives more of a serenity to the image, and makes it a very emotive scene to behold. I wish I had been there!!

As Stuart and Steve have suggested. No. 2 is a belter and certainly up there with the best I’ve seen also. No.1 just doesn’t have that light which for me makes the scene.

I like them all! They have all been processed just enough to make them believable. What a great location; I wouldn't have considered it for a sunrise.
Cheers
Yes nice place - the walk is lovely too along the beach from the carpark!

It is a beautifully shot set, and I'm bouncing between 1 and 2, but i must say that light in 2 is absolutely cracking!
Pleasure to view Chris great work(y)

It is a beautifully shot set, and I'm bouncing between 1 and 2, but i must say that light in 2 is absolutely cracking!
Pleasure to view Chris great work(y)

Thanks a lot - I’ve printed both and not sure which is going up yet!

Great set of pics. No 1 for me, as you were capturing the Sunrise, the lighting shows it better.....2 & 3 Could have been an overcast day.
That said all are good in their own right.

Joe

I like the first but it’s almost too sensible. The second is ace and makes me feel like I’m there with that feeling you only get when the sun suddenly lights everything up. Lovely pics.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind any of those being mine but the 2nd image is ace. That's the one.

Very good shots and I can see how it wold be difficult for you to choose for your wall.
For me, the difference between #1 and 2 seems to be how one might want to interpret the shot. I think that I would go for #1 as i like the serenity/ end of day feel over #2, but that does have a more dramatic impact

Back