Location Advice around Yorkshire/Lake District?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
hello everybody just wondering if anybody knows any awesome locations for a day out? i want to try out my 10 stop filter when it arrives, so somewhere with some decent water scenery would be a plus.

also i am going to be heading to the lake district so do you have any recommended places to visit so i can try capture some nice shots?

Thanks Ben

I went to fountain abbey not so long ago but only really explored the ruins as it shut an hour and a half after I got in. Anywhere with some stunning lakes ?

Aira Force near Ulswater, if you drop down off the A66 towards dockray you can park above the fall and walk down and don't get stung for NT car parking.
What sort of pics do you want to take as the options in the lakes, where do you start

It will have to be close to a road, he doesn't like walking :LOL:

I'd be up for joining you Ben.

Aira Force near Ulswater, if you drop down off the A66 towards dockray you can park above the fall and walk down and don't get stung for NT car parking.
What sort of pics do you want to take as the options in the lakes, where do you start

i just want somewhere to test out my 10 stop when it arrives really. so a nice big lake should do the job.

I would consider Brimham rocks for the big sky blur, no water but loads of photo/ composition options. Going up this week one evening if it ever stops raining and your more than welcome to meet up (y)

I would consider Brimham rocks for the big sky blur, no water but loads of photo/ composition options. Going up this week one evening if it ever stops raining and your more than welcome to meet up (y)

yeah pal i have been up there before but never had the camera with me. i am up for it pal just leave a message in this thread or send me a pm when you are thinking about going :)

Just spoke to Ben, Neil. And if you don't mind we'd both like to come a long one evening.

It's just over an hour away for me but give me a days notice and i'll be there. :D

Edit: He beat me to it! :LOL:

Last edited:
hello everybody just wondering if anybody knows any awesome locations for a day out? i want to try out my 10 stop filter when it arrives, so somewhere with some decent water scenery would be a plus.

also i am going to be heading to the lake district so do you have any recommended places to visit so i can try capture some nice shots?

Thanks Ben

Having recently been to The Lake District, I'd recommend Wast Water. There's a very quiet little road runs alongside the lake, very close to the water. The views are stunning.

I'd be up for a trip to Binham rocks, if you don't mind a newbie tagging along.

On the OP's request for locations if you don't want to travel to far there is Fewston Reservoir just up from Otley, or Eccup reservoir just up from Alwoodley.

Having recently been to The Lake District, I'd recommend Wast Water. There's a very quiet little road runs alongside the lake, very close to the water. The views are stunning.

i think me and mank are going to travel to the lakes sometime so this was useful. cheers pal

Janets foss near Malham Cove?

janetsfoss.jpg

Done with a home made ND filter

Back