Locations near Conwy, N Wales?

Name
Anna
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry, I'm doing another "any good locations thread"...but i need help again:)

I've got a couple of models booked for this Thursday for me to practise bridal portraits on. Both models are from near Conwy so I'm looking for some nice locations. around there

I don't want a castle (sorry!) - i have done a fair few of this type already.

I'd quite like some beautiful scenery, striking architecture or something a bit quirky?? After some googling i did come across the Telford Bridge, marina and some lakes???any thing good there?

The location will need to have parking reasonably near - i don't want to be leading a cross copuntry hike!;)

Thanks in advance for your help

Anna

If you cross the Menai Bridge onto Anglesey and turn immediate left it takes you to a little "Island" with the bridge as a backdrop.Also if you take the A470 towards Betws Y Coed there are some nice locations around the bridge at Llanwrst

Theres the beach on the west side of LLandudno more likely to be quite than the east side. The Great Orme but again to a viistor trap. There will be a few places along the conway valley. Nip over to Anglesey theres a quite beach by raf valley with sand dunes. The resovoirs in the area may also make a nice back drop. Just stay clear of Bala as The National Eisteddfod of Wales is on there, traffic will be murder.

Thanks - i was hoping to find some where in or around Conway really as I will only have a couple of hours.

Any other suggestions?

Got a lodge type thing over in Anglesey so I'm sure I will use those locations in the future, thanks!

Anna

How about:

Llandudno pier & the bandstand on the prom (busy locations though)

Conwy itself - if the tide is out there's a platform on the harbour extending into the estuary, nice backdrop of boats/river.
Top of the Sychnant Pass/Conwy mountain - summer heather is out about now so should be colourful, nice backdrop of the Great Orme too, also wild horses that don't mind posing for a photo if that's of interest.
The Great Orme itself has: ski slope/copper mine/summit complex with views/lighthouse on Marine drive (not sure on access to this though - weblink http://www.lighthouse-llandudno.co.uk/)

Hope this helps

Simon

Thanks- one of the models suggested the Geat Orme also...will let you know how i get on

Anna

Try the toll road on the great orme £2.50,but some lovely scenery and seascapes.

why not go up the conway valley to Bodnant Gardens plenty of stunning backdrops there

Dave

Back