Locations

Name
Shaunna
Edit My Images
No
Hiya :)
Just thought i would ask if there is anyone who could be helpful on locations.
I live in the West Midlands but the midlands in general is fine, does anyone know any photography locations suitable for wildlife, nature, landscape etc
Thank you :)

Hi Shaunna. There's loads of places, but to generalise a bit,
Cannock Chase, Lots and lots of different parts to it.
The Staffordshire Moorlands, big, empty, lonely.
A little way, The Shropshire Marches.
The River Trent.
Canals (by the bucketload)
Trentham Park.
Shrewsbury.
Iron Bridge
There's some castles about, churches, cathedrals.
But for real wild loneliness the Peak District is less than an hour away.
I was up The Roaches today and was watching two Buzzards circling and wheeling, it was beautiful, but I haven't got a long lens. :(

Hi Shaunna. There's loads of places, but to generalise a bit,
Cannock Chase, Lots and lots of different parts to it.
The Staffordshire Moorlands, big, empty, lonely.
A little way, The Shropshire Marches.
The River Trent.
Canals (by the bucketload)
Trentham Park.
Shrewsbury.
Iron Bridge
There's some castles about, churches, cathedrals.
But for real wild loneliness the Peak District is less than an hour away.
I was up The Roaches today and was watching two Buzzards circling and wheeling, it was beautiful, but I haven't got a long lens. :(

Sounds like a good few places to choose from
Didnt realise the Peak District was so close, definately must make a visit
Already in love with Cannock Chase :) wish it was a calmer place at times mind

You have a bit further to go than me. I'm near Stoke, virtually on the doorstep of the Peaks.
You're not far from the Severn Valley though, Almost a ravine in some places. (Hmmm, must go there myself) Also the Shropshire Marches, around Ludlow. Dudley has an awful lot of history to it aswell.

Do you know there was an earthquake in Dudley once? It caused a million quids worth of improvements. (very old joke) :D:D:D

You have a bit further to go than me. I'm near Stoke, virtually on the doorstep of the Peaks.
You're not far from the Severn Valley though, Almost a ravine in some places. (Hmmm, must go there myself) Also the Shropshire Marches, around Ludlow. Dudley has an awful lot of history to it aswell.

Do you know there was an earthquake in Dudley once? It caused a million quids worth of improvements. (very old joke) :D:D:D

Oh right, not too much furthwr though, its about 90 mins journey according to my maps.
Have been the Severn Valley :) Bridgenorth, lovely place, very photogenic place!
Yes i do know of the earthquake, i felt the shake but just thought a car had hit the house and hid haha and heard all the jokes lol never get old.some of them then others are a bit of a yawn ;-)

It all depends how far you're willing to go really. 90 mins isn't too bad.
I think i'm going to try to capture the grimness of a wet Rhyl on a winters evening soon. Shouldn't be too difficult. lol. :)

That's good travelling time really, especially when you know the Peak Distract is the other end
Aha well the grimness and ull side of Rhyl is more likely than the bright and sunny haha

Back