Loch an Nid walk

Name
Beth
Edit My Images
Yes
On Saturday me and Skye took a long, tough and wet walk to the remote Loch an Nid. It's an access route to the eastern Fisherfield munros of Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Sgurr Ban and a corbett Beinn a' Chlaidheimh.

On the track to Loch a' Bhraoin

A' Chailleach reflected in Loch a' Bhraoin

Skye looking across Loch a' Bhraoin with another A' Chailleach reflection

A' Chailleach reflected in Loch a' Bhraoin

At Feinasheen looking to Sgurr Dubh and Mullach Coire Mhic Fheachair

Sgurr Ban and Meallan an Laoigh

Continued...

Beinn a' Chlaidheimh comes into view

Approaching our destination. It really is in the back end of nowhere and a fantastic place. Despite the walk in I'm looking forward to the longer, and hopefully dryer days so I can climb the hills.
Loch an Nid, Beinn a' Chlaidheimh and An Teallach

Mullach Coire Mhic Fheachair across the Alt Cul Doireachan

And then it was time to head back out, which at least didn't take as long as the walk in.
Approaching Lochivraon bothy and Loch a' Bhraoin

Rain chasing us back along Loch a' Bhraoin

Lovely sets Beth.
#2 set 1, especially caught my eye .

Me too, The reflection just worked. At least I didn't mess it up!

My favourite is probably the one of Loch an Nid with An Teallach in the distance, but I recognise other people don't care of the effort required to get it!

I 100% agree with Cobra, No2 is eye-catching. It made stop and say out loud 'Cor look at that' !!!! Fantastic and thanks for posting for us to see.

Having a border collie around will always brighten up your day, no matter how far you walk with them by your side :)

Oooh beautiful. That's one that's been on my 'to walk' list for a while. Maybe this year when I may be limited to slightly shorter walks I'll make it at least as far as the bottom of Loch a' Bhraoin. It's another one you need The Right Sort of Day to make it worthwhile

I 100% agree with Cobra, No2 is eye-catching. It made stop and say out loud 'Cor look at that' !!!! Fantastic and thanks for posting for us to see.

Thanks!

love the reflections!! and excellent views on your walk!

Thanks!

Having a border collie around will always brighten up your day, no matter how far you walk with them by your side :)

Lol! Mostly. Overall she's really great but randomly frustrating as hell. We think she came from the islands (Skye, Lewis/etc) as that's where the Inverness rescue get most of the collies from. Usually failed or excess sheep dogs. So she has that crazy herding and limitless energy streak.

Oooh beautiful. That's one that's been on my 'to walk' list for a while. Maybe this year when I may be limited to slightly shorter walks I'll make it at least as far as the bottom of Loch a' Bhraoin. It's another one you need The Right Sort of Day to make it worthwhile

The track along Loch a' Bhraoin is rough but not too bad. And the bothy is a useful stop for lunch if it's not booked for exclusive use.

Back