Loch Arkaig osprey webcam

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
The Woodland Trust have had a webcam on the osprey nest at Loch Arkaig(about 10 miles more or less north of Fort William) for a few years.

They switched it for this year a few weeks ago and today it looks as if one of the ospreys has returned.

It hasn't landed on the nest site yet but a large, mainly dark and white raptor looking bird was spotted flying close by about 10 minutes ago.

The webcam is on 24/7(so can be dipped into at any time) and provides great views of the nest and, hopefully, eggs and chicks.

www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/osprey-cam/

Dave

Edit My Images
No
Blooming addictive I spent too much time on them last year, I had that one, a couple of Welsh ones and the Poole Harbour one on everytime I was home during lockdown

OP
Tringa
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Bird landed on nest a bit before 7am today and seems to be hanging around.

Dave

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a watch for a bit this morning and saw an osprey perched on the nest. Beautiful birds!

Couldn't watch it for too long though as the swaying of the camera made me feel sick :LOL:

OP
Tringa
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks like the bird that arrived a few days ago is taking up residence. It brought a fish to the nest yesterday and has brought a large branch in today. It could be interesting if/when the pair from last year arrive.

Dave