Loch Arkaig osprey webcam

Tringa

Numpty of the Day'
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
The Woodland Trust have had a webcam on the osprey nest at Loch Arkaig(about 10 miles more or less north of Fort William) for a few years.

They switched it for this year a few weeks ago and today it looks as if one of the ospreys has returned.

It hasn't landed on the nest site yet but a large, mainly dark and white raptor looking bird was spotted flying close by about 10 minutes ago.

The webcam is on 24/7(so can be dipped into at any time) and provides great views of the nest and, hopefully, eggs and chicks.

www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/trees-woods-and-wildlife/osprey-cam/

Dave

Blooming addictive I spent too much time on them last year, I had that one, a couple of Welsh ones and the Poole Harbour one on everytime I was home during lockdown

Bird landed on nest a bit before 7am today and seems to be hanging around.

Dave

I had a watch for a bit this morning and saw an osprey perched on the nest. Beautiful birds!

Couldn't watch it for too long though as the swaying of the camera made me feel sick :LOL:

Looks like the bird that arrived a few days ago is taking up residence. It brought a fish to the nest yesterday and has brought a large branch in today. It could be interesting if/when the pair from last year arrive.

Dave

Seems, according to those in the know, that the male from last year has returned and has taken possession of the nest, and decorated it a bit with some lichen.:)

Dave

Last edited:
Back