Scotland Loch Lomond sunset suggestions

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys I'm looking to head to somewhere tomorrow evening for a sunset landscape shoot and wondered if anyone had any ideas where I could head to. I will consider other areas too that is around 1 hour drive from Lanarkshire.

Guys I'm looking to head to somewhere tomorrow evening for a sunset landscape shoot and wondered if anyone had any ideas where I could head to. I will consider other areas too that is around 1 hour drive from Lanarkshire.
Sunset is ideal for the lone tree at Millarochy Bay just now I think. No idea what the eater level is like just now though.

Alternatives are the West Coast, looking across to Arran at Portencross perhaps?

Sunset is ideal for the lone tree at Millarochy Bay just now I think. No idea what the eater level is like just now though.

Alternatives are the West Coast, looking across to Arran at Portencross perhaps?
Thanks Ian. Since I know nothing about landscapes would I be headed for Portencross? I have never heard of it but I'm sure my sat nav will know it !!

Only been to Portencross once and it was amazing during the day and I bet sunset is superb

Portencross Jetty by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

Very nice and a great point. I've just borrowed a cheap ten stop from a friend as apart from my 16mm I don't have much in the way of landscape equipment so it'll be a learning curve. Just want to see how I get on before I decide whether to purchase more gear to give it a proper go.

The pier at Portencross is ugly. I might suggest further down at Dunure. Its a nice beach and the castle will catch the light. I prefer the lone tree in the morning, the light falls nicely there.
I'll check out how far it is mate. I could always get the pier this time and the castle the next time.

All from the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park within the last month or so.

Forecasts aren't looking too good in the coming days.

Loch Katrine
41218004342_e1e15e4e87_k.jpg

..and again
26943972948_44aa5cc2be_k.jpg

The Arrochar Alps
41262106341_49eb24f1fd_k.jpg

Loch Lomond & Islands
41241411681_a0759cfbac_k.jpg

Loch Venachar
40477469484_97b7c98c70_k.jpg

Back