Lockdown Lunacy

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
I think we could do to try encourage each other and offer ideas based on what surroundings folk are forced to be in during these times.

To relate back to ^^a quote^^ that I recently posted, I'm wondering if anyone is interested in occupying themselves at home ( seeing as that is where most of as are stuck), by capturing images of their film photography gear ( cameras and any film/ analogue related accessory) on film and posted on here for the rest of us to see.

It's a theme that i'm considering simply as we all have film kit, we can all take photographs of it during these times regardless of where we live , the images would be of interest to most, if not all of us and given that we're all into analogue photography and the fact that the subject matter is film relatedmakes capturing the images on that said medium just perfect imo

Creativity is of course an absolute must! :p

Open to discussion, thoughts, opinions, other ideas, etc

Last edited:
I think it was my Mamiya C330f on Acros100, the original stuff.

Already some belting images..... perhaps I should have captured one myself before starting the thread :banghead:

Oh well it’s not like I’m short of kit to photograph....... now then how interesting can I make red safelight look in b&w :thinking::LOL:

Blimey Asha by the time I get through 24 exp it would be just after Xmas, but if the thread stays on the page would be ok for the 3rd lockdown o_O :eek:
Could do a digi shot after clearing the cobwebs from my Nex3 o_O:exit:
What's worse (in my area) the long range forecast says there isn't going to be any sunny days until 22nd Nov :(

Last edited:
I know that this isn't necessarily what was asked for but inspired by this thread I thought I would do an inventory of cameras and lenses. Now I'm sure that there are many of you out there with many more cameras than this but it's time for a clear out; I mean, who needs three Voigtlander Bessamatic?

View: https://flic.kr/p/2k4LURN

You do like your folders Andy!

I was thinking of doing this over the weekend when I was bored... I'll maybe have a go this coming weekend...

2020-11-07-hp5plus1600-ddx-canon1v-07.jpg

I know that this isn't necessarily what was asked for
Tbh Andy, there’s no set rules..... Stuck at home is enough to drive anyone insane so perhaps playing with our toys :naughty: and looking closer at what we actually have and what it has to offer , will keep the grey matter stimulated.;)
Who knows we may come across a camera feature that we never even knew existed!

Share as you wish ...... I just enjoy looking at film kit ( even if with failing eyesight I struggle to see clearly these subminiatures:p

And yes , you need a clear out ..... two bessas free to good home then?:exit:

Now there's a rare beastie! I used one of those at the end of the 1960s (I think) for press work. It wasn't a Rollei by any means but I think it cost me £10 or so at the time and earned me that on the first roll I shot, hence very fond memories indeed. (y)

Now there's a rare beastie! I used one of those at the end of the 1960s (I think) for press work. It wasn't a Rollei by any means but I think it cost me £10 or so at the time and earned me that on the first roll I shot, hence very fond memories indeed. (y)

Sadly this one was faulty. It had a light leak that was caused by a problem with the focus racking that allowed light to get in through the front of the camera when closer focus was used. I don't have it any longer, but hopefully the new owner can get it fixed. I was very happy with the image quality of the shots that didn't suffer from light leaks, and it was nice to use too.

I know that this isn't necessarily what was asked for but inspired by this thread I thought I would do an inventory of cameras and lenses. Now I'm sure that there are many of you out there with many more cameras than this but it's time for a clear out; I mean, who needs three Voigtlander Bessamatic?

I don't think you have enough there, room for a couple more.

I'd hazard a guess that you're the only one on here whose wife actually knows how much you've spent on camera kit. ;)

I'd hazard a guess that you're the only one on here whose wife actually knows how much you've spent on camera kit. ;)

About a quarter of those are hers.....

Not surprisingly I usually use my digital:runaway: camera to take pictures of my film cameras but every now and again I will finish off a roll on something from the camera cupboard.

Nikon F100, Agfa APX 100

it just so hapens that this is up for sale if anyone is interested.:whistle:

F100 APX 100_-33 by Nick Watson, on Flickr

F100 APX 100_-34 by Nick Watson, on Flickr

F100 APX 100_-35 by Nick Watson, on Flickr
Ooooh, for sale you say? Is it in classifieds? Hmmmn having not long bought an Intrepid from Asha (and not yet using it anger) I don't think I'll be able to have this one as well:(

Camera and (photos of it) looks great tho.

A wise man once said "if a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess".

I have 5 5x4 cameras plus 3 out on loan, a half plate with 5x4 back, a couple of 5x7s with 5x4 backs and a 10x8 with a 5x7 back. That's not even remotely excessive!

Last edited:
I seem to be heading in a similar direction to @StephenM.......too much influence from other LF togs, one in particular!!!:p

Five 5x4
Two 10x8 ( although one is now a permanent enlarger)
One 5x7
and a 5x7 reducing back for the 10x8

Took these this afternoon just for you!

I rushed the compositions, but got 2 I liked....

Tri-X @1600 in DD-X for 14min. Canon EOS-1v.
2020-11-09-trix1600-canon1v-ddx-23.jpg

2020-11-09-trix1600-canon1v-ddx-21.jpg

Let's leave money out of this! To paraphrase a comedy quote: If I had all the money I'd spent on photography over the years.... I'd spend it all on photography! :giggle:

Last edited:
Ooooh, for sale you say? Is it in classifieds? Hmmmn having not long bought an Intrepid from Asha (and not yet using it anger) I don't think I'll be able to have this one as well:(

Camera and (photos of it) looks great tho.
You can never have too many cameras.

Here's another one, Agfa Clack taken on a Mamiya C330f, 55mm lens on Acros 100

I really like Acros for portrait work, and camera portraits are no exception. Lovely image Andy.

Unfortunately this one did not work, anything further than 6 feet away was out of focus.

Back