Answered Log In Problems

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a little problem which has just developed over the last couple of days.
When I go on the site I am asked to log in , this despite the "keep me logged in" box being ticked, one logged in all is fine until I close the browser , when I next open TP I am asked to log in again.
This is not platform specific , it happens on my PC running Win 10 and on my android tablet but not on my android phone.
Any Ideas?

Chris

Have you changed any browser settings, e.g. to delete cookies when the browser is closed?

I have looked at that and on further investigation when I log on the URL says the site is not secure I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Curiouser and curiouser, if I follow the the link in the email the site opens up and I don't get the not secure warning?

Not me ( yet )

The site SSL certificate was renewed a few days ago, I guess you may need to refresh your browser etc. to get it load the new cert. I don't see that problem.

I've just ran CCleaner to delete all the cookies, etc etc

I opened Chrome, logged in. Shut Chrome. Reopened Chrome & I've stayed logged in.

It does still say "Not Secure" though.

Weird, I just tried it in Chrome and its fine. Please can you click the padlock icon then click "Connection is secure" then click "Certificate is valid" then check the dates and on the details tab post the serial number? Thanks

All good here
Opera, FF & Brave

Interesting FF/Safari show it as secure but Chrome/Edge were showing it as unsecured. I had to add the https everywhere plugin for Edge, and I had to set the advanced security setting "always use secure connections" to on in Chrome... I'm guessing the forum is using an HTTPS redirect...

Weirder and weirder
I get not secure on edge but chrome is OK on PC , tablet needs log in everytime.

Hi.,
When I try to log in on my MacBook Pro a banner comes up saying Oops we have a problem this site uses cookies etc, you must accept them to continue using this site. How do I accept them to carry on using the site, all was fine this morning but this afternoon I have that problem. I have changed no settings on my computer.

No Chris nothing showing.
That's weird, I can't duplicate the fault as I don't have "mac" anything.

Give this link a try though.

That's weird, I can't duplicate the fault as I don't have "mac" anything.

Give this link a try though.

Yes that worked Chris thank you, but if I leave the site exactly the same thing happens. If I were to drag that link on to my desktop and create another short cut do you think that would solve the problem ?

Yes that worked Chris thank you, but if I leave the site exactly the same thing happens. If I were to drag that link on to my desktop and create another short cut do you think that would solve the problem ?
I'd say yes. It's certainly worth a try at least (y)

I'd say yes. It's certainly worth a try at least (y)

I've done just that Chris, and created a new short cut and that seems to be working. Very many thanks for your help. (y) (y)

I've done just that Chris, and created a new short cut and that seems to be working. Very many thanks for your help. (y) (y)
No worries George, glad its sorted (y)

Had issues with Brave browser not being able to log in due to not accepting cookies . I clicked on the Irishmans new link and it worked with no issues...

Back