Lomo Lubitel 166+

KayJay

Give us a Tena
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone have one of these? I love the look of the images they produce and was wondering what any owners / former owners thought of the camera. Interesting that it takes 120 and 35mm film.

Does anyone have one of these? I love the look of the images they produce and was wondering what any owners / former owners thought of the camera. Interesting that it takes 120 and 35mm film.

yep I have one, havent used the lubikin kit much, got a roll of precisa CT in it currently so will let you know on that. As for the camera itself its pretty much the same as the original lubitel but with improvements, eg for shutter speeds and aperture settings. Also there is an improved foucusing screen. If you do want one dont get it from the lomography store, I got mine from Fred Aldous which was a lot cheaper.

some pics i have taken with it

Goscar Rock by [Scott], on Flickr

St Govans (take 2) by [Scott], on Flickr

Waves by [Scott], on Flickr

Cheers Scott. Will definitely shop around a few places. I've been enjoying my Canon A-1 and Olympus film cameras and fancy the medium format. I've seen some gorgeous images on flickr taken with the camera and various films and they just look beautiful. You're images are great too. Do you find that you're getting the exposure spot on most of the time?

Just had a look at that Fred Aldous website. Some great stuff on there!

there is a handy exposure table on the back of the camera, although I just use the sunny 16 rule. Using that I have had maybe a handful of images that were either over/underexposed.

I've got one in mint condition :)

I just haven't got around to using it. Too many TLRs :)

The Rolleiflex is my favourite, so I don't think I'm going to get to use this ...:(

I cant post links because I'm having to use a proxy to connect to TPF...:shrug:****knows why, but there you go.
Anyway, we used a Lubitel in the travelling cam threads.
Search these as they are spelt in this forum.

Kev's Lubitol

Travelling 6x6 roll 2

Traveling Lubitel

:)

If im totally honest, the + version isnt worth the huge expense compared to the original one. I picked up a 166B for £25. the only major difference is being able to shoot 35mm with the kit provided. If I was you I'd just get the original unless you can get the + one cheap.

It'll be the original I reckon. I've got plans to keep shooting 35mm with the A-1 or one of those cheap Slim Devil 35mm cameras you can pick up for £25.

I've got a 166+, but I much prefer my Yaschica Mat 124 and haven't used it since I got the Mat. I paid £250 for the 166+ :( and £50 for a mint Mat.

I also have Diana f mini, so I stick to the Mat/Diana combo.

Back