London Beer Night with Optional Film Cameras ... maybe?

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
When we had the last London meet, we said we'd do another soon so given that the northerners are forming their own breakaway group and the previous drinks were in June, how about another London meet?

I'm off to Majorca next week (where the water don't taste like what it ought'a) and we've got the Arundel meet coming up on the 18th October. I'm usually free in the evenings but I could be in Bristol a couple of days each week with work. Or we could make it a Saturday or Sunday and do some photogramaphy before we retire to the lounge and slip into some comfortable drinking trousers.

To end this rambling nonsense, what's everyone's availability and desire for this? Fancy it? Don't fancy it? Fancy it but feared that your liver won't cope?

Discuss, preferably with suggestions for dates and cite your references in the footnotes. :)

:beer::banana::clap: Most days are fine for me but Thursdays can be a bit tricky.

Last edited:
any set date for this? With regards to the Beetles and Huxley thing, its only a small shop/gallery. I popped in there to see a Martin Parr set a couple of months ago. Youll be in and out in about 10 mins tbh. I did see Salgado's Genesis at the natural history museum a while back and was pretty unimpressed with it all, his other stuff might be worth a look, it all depends on how much theyve put up in there.

the Photographers Gallery isnt too far from there and has a few decent exhibitions on too.

Just waiting for Dean to get back from his hols to sort out dates.

I know the gallery is small but as some folk do like to combine these mini meets with exhibitions I thought I'd mention it. Salgado's not everybody's cup of tea but I do like his work, I actually think his early work is better than the stuff he produced for the Genesis show but it's still worth a look imo.

Reactions: PMN
May be interested. Dates and time dependent.

Keep an eye on the thread there should be a time, date and location up pretty soon.

Just waiting for Dean to get back from his hols to sort out dates.

Keep an eye on the thread there should be a time, date and location up pretty soon.

:thinking:

Discuss, preferably with suggestions for dates and cite your references in the footnotes.

Hands up all those who didn't read the instructions to question 1 properly? :p

We can discuss further at Arundel on Saturday (those of us who're there, obviously) but it looks as though something in early-mid November is on the cards. My work schedule is changing and I'm not going to have any chance of making an evening meet before 5/11 so first things first, evening or weekend? Later we leave it, more chance of having to fight with christmas shoppers to get the viewpoints we want. Or everyone takes a rangefinder and a roll of B&W and we have a Cartier-Bresson-alike compo :)

Either is good for me! Weekend probably best if we want to shoot in daylight though...

Either is good for me! Weekend probably best if we want to drink in daylight though...
We really should have a word with Marcel about TP's auto spelling correction, it does make some serious errors.

@Strappy Come on Dean, I know you said you're busy but get your priorities right!

so no one knows when they want to meet...normal ;)

so no one knows when they want to meet...normal ;)

I've already made my preferences known, any evening but Thursday :beer: It's just Dean hiding behind the pretence of "work" the reality is he's just slapdash and disorganised :exit:

It's just Dean hiding behind the pretence of "work" the reality is he's just slapdash and disorganised

Agreed. About time I sorted myself out, don't you think?

Next Friday then - do I start a new thread or can people pick up this one? Bearing in mind that I don't know London, could one of the locals recommend a pub (or other meeting place), please?

For clarity, this is beers in London on Friday evening next week - I'll start a new thread with some weekend dates for a photo meet later when I'm not posting from my phone.

Agreed. About time I sorted myself out, don't you think?

Next Friday then - do I start a new thread or can people pick up this one? Bearing in mind that I don't know London, could one of the locals recommend a pub (or other meeting place), please?

For clarity, this is beers in London on Friday evening next week - I'll start a new thread with some weekend dates for a photo meet later when I'm not posting from my phone.
I might not make it Friday. ..going to a meeting at 3 pm that might take couple of hours. ..what about for Greenwich or Blackheath for meet ?? ;)

If you finish at 5 you'll still be there before me. Greenwich is all very well but its the wrong side of London for everything unless you're a fan of tea clippers :D

If you finish at 5 you'll still be there before me. Greenwich is all very well but its the wrong side of London for everything unless you're a fan of tea clippers :D
But we have great Brewery here and they do Ale as well ;) along with beautiful lager of course :)

I'm working on the assumption that I'll be in Dorking or working from home next Friday which I believe makes all of London roughly the same time from me - about half-an-hour to get in then another hour to get to where I want to go :D

I'm working on the assumption that I'll be in Dorking or working from home next Friday which I believe makes all of London roughly the same time from me - about half-an-hour to get in then another hour to get to where I want to go :D
Greenwich!!! Say Greenwich! !!
;)

Waterloo it is then, 30 mins to travel to London 5 mins walk to the pub :D

With beer in Greenwich comes great Old Royal Naval College with looks lovely at evening/night !!!
And have i mentioned great beer ????

Look up Old brewery in Greenwich ;) maker of Meantime beers ;)

With beer in Greenwich comes great Old Royal Naval College with looks lovely at evening/night !!!
And have i mentioned great beer ????

Look up Old brewery in Greenwich ;) maker of Meantime beers ;)
I know, I like Greenwich, I've been there many times, it's interesting, it's got good pubs and some decent places to eat but it's in the wrong place for an evening of beer drinking and talking b****x unless the participants live in Greenwich.

Hmm... well, the train from Dorking goes into Vauxhall or Victoria, the train from Reading goes into Paddington. Either way, I can be at Waterloo in 55 minutes but Greenwich takes an hour and a half so the judges have made their decision and ...

Ant-and-Dec.jpg

Ant-and-Dec-presenting-Im-a-Celebrity.jpg

ant_1804229b.jpg

article-2298756-18EA420C000005DC-51_634x462.jpg

It's Waterloo. I'm sorry, Lukas, you go off back stage to talk to Dermot O'Leary and then disappear into obscurity and we'll stay here with Nick, who's going to sing again for us, his beautiful rendition of, "I'm a little teapot". :D

Can't we make it a night out at HEATHROW :exit:..........specially for us "foreigners!" :D:D:D:D

So is this now happening on Friday?

That's what I thought, this Friday meeting somewhere close to Waterloo station. Could you recommend a suitable watering hole, Nick?

So what time and where and why so far from Greenwich;)

Against my better judgement but due to @bastic's non-stop moaning about not going to Greenwich, this months choice is
:runaway::runaway::runaway:

The Crown
Address: 108 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8HW
Phone:020 7261 9524

It's about a 10 minute walk from Waterloo

http://maps.beerintheevening.com/?pcb=SE1+8HW

I've no idea what time but I will definitely be finished work by 6 at the latest so will be there by 6:30 if not earlier.

Against my better judgement but due to @bastic's non-stop moaning about not going to Greenwich, this months choice is
:runaway::runaway::runaway:

The Crown
Address: 108 Blackfriars Rd, London SE1 8HW
Phone:020 7261 9524

It's about a 10 minute walk from Waterloo

http://maps.beerintheevening.com/?pcb=SE1+8HW

I've no idea what time but I will definitely be finished work by 6 at the latest so will be there by 6:30 if not earlier.
One word ROFL haha
I was fine with Waterloo :) easy to get there from Greenwich ;)

its not far from work so i should pop down for a bit. Wont be for all night though as i want to pop over to the tower to see the poppies at night and go for a general wander about.

Back