London Beer Night with Optional Film Cameras ... maybe?

its not far from work so i should pop down for a bit. Wont be for all night though as i want to pop over to the tower to see the poppies at night and go for a general wander about.
Hmmm.
I was planning to come cameraless but might drag it with me for poppies all light up...:)
But that might be digital ;)

yeah i might have to go digital to make sure i get a shot :)

Nice, I can get there pretty easily :) Hope they have some good beers on tap!

Thanks, Nick, that looks perfect. I'd also like to see the poppies, especially as they won't be there much longer according to the news this morning. So, meet at the pub at 6.30pm and once everyone's there and suitably refreshed, we can head over to the Tower. :)

Suitably refreshed - me like it :)

how will you all be recognised? will i be looking for a pile of drunks smelling faintly of rodinal?

I believe it's a time-honoured tradition on F&C meets to sidle up to strangers in a bar and ask them about film cameras while waggling your eyebrows suggestively. Or if you don't fancy that, there are photos of me and Nick in the Arundel thread (I'm the big guy in the pale orange shirt) :)

I'll be there, look out for a short girl with a questionable haircut, in a green parka :)

I'll be the tall fat bloke telling terrible jokes at the top of his voice, carrying a look-at-me-I'm-an-proper-photographer Billingsgate bag and wearing a Barbour jacket. Honestly, I won't blame you for quietly slipping out the back door to escape, I'm quite dreadful.

There should be a tired-looking lady from Norn Iron stood nearby pretending not to know who I am. That's t'missus :)

Ooh, I didn't think of looking for Billingsgate bags. That's a proper tell.

ill be the fat bloke in a black coat, black and white shirt, black backpack looking lost.

Unless im lost in which case i wont be him so dont bug him.

I'll be the tall fat bloke telling terrible jokes at the top of his voice, carrying a look-at-me-I'm-an-proper-photographer Billingsgate bag and wearing a Barbour jacket. Honestly, I won't blame you for quietly slipping out the back door to escape, I'm quite dreadful.

There should be a tired-looking lady from Norn Iron stood nearby pretending not to know who I am. That's t'missus :)

He is dreadful, truly dreadful, but at least he's honest.:D

As we had loud fat lost etc, I will be the young and handsome fella with stunning beard LOL

Sigh. Best laid plans and all that. The train we were planning to catch is delayed by about 25 minutes so we'll be late to the pub.

Happily, we didn't buy tickets in advance so we were able to change plans and catch a train running direct from Reading to Waterloo so we won't be quite as late as we thought we might be.

In brief, we'll be at the pub around 18.45. :)

So it looks like I might be in the pub too early...will be at Waterloo around 6pm and make my way to the pub.

i'll be heading over shortly, if im not there within an hour i'll send a flare up.

Oh FFS :mad:

Train guard has just announced that we're due to arrive at Waterloo at around 7pm, so we'll be even later to the pub. It wouldn't be so bad if I was expecting this but given I checked the expected arrival time with the chap on the information desk in Reading station, I was hoping he'd know.

Bloody public service my arse. I'm going to kick @Andysnap in the arse next time I see him. Trains are his responsibility, for crying out loud.

My is delayed as well....

I'm frustrated because this service isn't delayed, the bloke at the information desk in Reading was wrong. Simple explanation but really annoying when you plan your journey on it. Mind you, we could have been equally buggered going the other way on the service we'd planned to get so I shouldn't moan too much. At least we're moving. :rolleyes:

Great, you all slip into your comfortable drinking trousers and we'll get there just in time to leave for the tower.

:(

Oh FFS :mad:

Train guard has just announced that we're due to arrive at Waterloo at around 7pm, so we'll be even later to the pub. It wouldn't be so bad if I was expecting this but given I checked the expected arrival time with the chap on the information desk in Reading station, I was hoping he'd know.

Bloody public service my arse. I'm going to kick @Andysnap in the arse next time I see him. Trains are his responsibility, for crying out loud.

Ha ha... I arranged for the man at t'station to give you duff info and therefore make you look like an arse..... I win.... :banana::D

Missing this. Grrr. That is all. :(

Great evening - lovely to meet everyone. Sorry I had to miss the poppies, got a rotten cold and standing about in the chilly air was possibly a bad idea. Plus, the drinking was the fun bit ;) Post your photos! Especially Nick's temperamental pinhole ones :)

I've always thought it best to keep well away from Nick's temperamental pinhole. :D

Fun meet as always. Had to rush at the end. Wasn't expecting so many people around tower of London.... :)

Was another good night with the f&c gang even if some folk did bring one of them fancy dandy digital cameras. Heretic!

blimey, it was almost empty there! go at lunchtime for a comparison :)

Was great to see people and put some shapes to faces. Looking forward to seeing if anything came out of the pinhole. Do you have a link to where you got it from, my curiosity is piqued and i want one :)

Nick promised to setup new 'tool' for this group. Won't tell what it is ;)

Leaving Nick with his tool in his hand for a moment, it was a great evening last night, good to meet Charlotte and Ash and thanks to Ash for the idea of heading over to see the poppies. I've got nearly 100 photos to sort through and edit but I'll link to a quick taster, a shot of Nick by Lukas on the X-Pro1 with 23mm f/1.4 processed in a way I trust will meet with Nick's approval ;)

what is seen cannot be unseen

It was a little rushed at the end, didnt realise the tower was quite so far away. It turned out the last train was half midnight so i could of stayed a bit longer :( All good intel for next time though.

Last edited:
Back