Review London Camera Exchange (used)

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
About 6 months ago I bought a used Canon 300mm 2.8L IS Lens from LCE ... Online the lens came from the Leamington Spa branch.

The lens was in much better condition than described in the advert which was a nice surprise. the sale went through quickly and all was well.. Lens pin sharp..For £2k I was very happy and it even had 6 mths warrnty.

Abouth 10 days before the warranty ran out I had a problem with it and all the pics where not sharp.. I contacted the Leamington Spa branch who told me i could post it back or take it to nearest store who would then send it on... I posted and the next day got a phone call from the shop who aknowledged recipet and said the tech guy had looked at it and knew what the problem was as it's known in this lens.. some internal screws loose (sounds like me) and they would tighten (and lock glue them in) But it meant stripping down the lens and would take a couple of weeks..

Got the lens back yesterday.. used last night... faultless and again pin sharp..

One of the reasons I am writing the review... The person i dealt with couldn't have been more helpful, well mannered and a delight to deal with.. proper customer service.. i actually felt bad with 10 days left on the warranty (dunno why, just did) but he couldnt do enough to reassure me all was well and they where more than happy to sort it out... Which of course is only right.. but again.. the way it was dealt with..

So all in all a happy customer so i thought worth sharing :)

Great service from LCE Kipax.
I look in the Kenilworth branch from time to time and there are occasional bargains like a minty electronic viewfinder( FDA-EV1MK) for my RX1 for a ton! Also the guys in there really know what they are talking about. Only small neg I would offer is that they can be slow updating their website when a piece of kit is sold in the shop.

Last edited:
Don't know what it cost them to repair your lens but whatever it was the review you have given them for their great service will probably more than cover it in sales etc.
Glad it was fixed and all is well with the lens.

That’s great to hear. Always thought LCE was an excellent retailer, good to hear.

Don't know what it cost them to repair your lens but whatever it was the review you have given them for their great service will probably more than cover it in sales etc.
Glad it was fixed and all is well with the lens.

Well if someone had a bad experience they would ahve posted and the thread would be twice as long. ...way of the world eh ... . credit where it's due :)

Back