Critique London Eye

Edit My Images
Yes
Just looking to see what folks think about this shot? I am aware of the lens marks, this was a test shot. Will go back when the second lens arrives in the post. A little over-saturated, perhaps, but I think it works better this way? Feel free to edit the pic if you wish

DSC01678.jpg

I am aware of the lens marks,
…looks more like sensor spots to me!

The horizon needs tweaking and the
WB appears to be ok.

What were you testing?

Looks like its been through some OTT dramatic filer as there are halos all over the place (and yes, sensor dust/oil).

Anyone know how I can clean the sensor oil? It's inside the lens, and cant really open it up.

the processing is a bit OTT. I used hdr efex pro 2 plug in on photoshop. I was testing the composition of the shot. To see how it looked.

Anyone know how I can clean the sensor oil? It's inside the lens, and cant really open it up.

The spots are almost certainly dust particles on the sensor, and nothing to do with the lens at all. Most likely they can be removed using a blower (search for rocket blower on amazon or ebay). But if not then the sensor will need a wet clean - kits available from all good photographic suppliers.

Composition-wise overall it hang together, but I find the cut-off streetlamp annoying and my desire for symmetry wants the pivot point of the eye to be halfway up the frame. It's likely that many would not notice/be bothered by these things. The processing is a mess TBH for reasons already mentioned, but as with the other issues, most non-photographers will not notice/care.

Last edited:
I like extreme right framing of the Eye itself, but I'm not in love with the top of the lamppost which has been cut off, the seagull or the over processed look.

I'd get a rocket blower on your sensor too.

Back