London Meet 19th Jan

Edit My Images
No
following on from the possibility of a meet at the bottom bit ,,,,,,,anyone want to meet up in Londinium for a Saturday ? or if you want to escape the cosmopolitan calamity and catch a train to Sittingbourne I will be your choffer for the day . t's and c's apply ( limited to three people ) that's not limited to three people for the meet of course ,, just in my chariot.any interest ? or are the norverners right and we are just a bunch of suvern softies ??

I would like to but I work weekends :(

If it's a Saturday when Mr Snap isn't working, we'd probably be up for a trip to London...

If it's a Saturday when Mr Snap isn't working, we'd probably be up for a trip to London...

...and you'd be off to Bond st spending your money at Asprey, Bulgari, Burberry, Chanel, Cartier, Dolce Gabbana, Hermès, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Mulberry, Ralph Lauren and Tiffany & Co..and not far is Saville row for a nice suit for Andy :D

We’d be up for a London meet up - we’d probably get a premier Inn and make a weekend of it :)

...and you'd be off to Bond st spending your money at Asprey, Bulgari, Burberry, Chanel, Cartier, Dolce Gabbana, Hermès, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Mulberry, Ralph Lauren and Tiffany & Co..and not far is Saville row for a nice suit for Andy :D

Just as I'm starting to understand the mystery that is Brian, you go and name a dozen fashion designers off the top of your head.

You are something of an enigma :D

Living in SW London I have to confess I haven't explored the city well enough. I have three working film cameras that are neglected at the moment plus a load of old EliteChrome and Velvia in the fridge. So, if it's a Saturday when I am 'free' then I'll be interested.

I’d certainly be up for a meet in the metropolis or anywhere south of the Watford Gap.

If I knew how to set up a poll I would ...so just for now for those who may wish/be able to partake pre or post Christmas ?

If I knew how to set up a poll I would ...so just for now for those who may wish/be able to partake pre or post Christmas ?
Yes and yes, work permitting.

As the thread starter, if you go to Thread Tools you'll find an "Add poll" option.

When I get home I will attempt to set up something to dance on .... But seeing as two dates have been put up.... would anyone want to do the 1st or 15th December ?

Sorry I can’t do 1st or the 15th

As it happens, I know Mr Snap won't be working on the weekend of 19/20 Jan because it's my birthday and he wants to take me away for the weekend! We could certainly book somewhere in or around London....

Jon and Nikki and Nick. Could you all do 19th Jan ?

Yes ATM

So then, onto where :) Are we going for London on account of being central, or shall we head elsewhere? I don't personally mind either way :)

I've booked our usual Premier Inn by Euston station for a couple of nights so we can go and watch the Comedy Store Players on Sunday night! :D
So, that London then!

Gonna join in Chris ? Would be good to see you again .

Gonna join in Chris ? Would be good to see you again .
It's in the diary! Doesn't mean I'll definitely be able to make it, but I'll definitely try...

So now, someone needs to work out where in that London. IIRC the Greenwich meet was partly organised so we could also visit the Ansel Adams exhibition there, although sadly we arrived after it had closed. Is there an interesting exhibition happening somewhere then that we could hang it around?

The new photography gallery at the V&A is worth a visit but it’s not extensive and wouldn’t suggest planning a whole meet around it.

The Wildlife Photographer of the Year, which is always worth a visit imho, will still be on at the Natural hHstory museum so that part of London may offer an interesting refuge if the weather is a bit s***.

The Taylor-Wessing portrait exhibition will still be on at the National Portrait Gallery.

These last two charge an entry fee to these special exhibitions although the NPG does have a permanent photography exhibition.

Depending on numbers and what folk want to do we can pretty much meet anywhere.

http://london-photography-diary.com/exhibitions/current-exhibitions/

as long as nobody minds a newbie coming along would love to go to the meet on January 19th

Oh yes please do go, some new young blood would be soooo refreshing from all the usual old crones fusty & crusty crew that attend such as Ragla…..Oh, they know who they are:p:D

I'm afraid that I won't be there…..Shame for me but a relief for the others i suspect:confused::D

Edit: Black tape is obligatory either as a light sealing measure or as a means to hold a lens onto a body.:LOL:

Last edited:
as long as nobody minds a newbie coming along would love to go to the meet on January 19th, i may even have changed the light seals on my minolta xm by then. I do like black tape however :)

You'll be very welcome Adrian, we were all new once!

Back