London Meet 19th Jan

OK, a question carefully crafted to cause concern - is there a planned route or are we doing it ad hoc? It looks like the weather will be cold and overcast according to the been, so a mix of in and outdoor locations may be best - anyone fancy mugging up on grand staircases and interesting tube stations? I think light may be scarce and iso400+ helpful.

Nothing to beat brinkmanship, my camera is 'in the post'. [emoji6]

I'll probably just head to Trafalgar square and ask random strangers if they've seen a bunch of odd folk with film cameras, were bound to find each other eventually.

OK, a question carefully crafted to cause concern - is there a planned route or are we doing it ad hoc? It looks like the weather will be cold and overcast according to the been, so a mix of in and outdoor locations may be best - anyone fancy mugging up on grand staircases and interesting tube stations? I think light may be scarce and iso400+ helpful.

Nothing to beat brinkmanship, my camera is 'in the post'. [emoji6]

In case anyone is late for the proposed meet at Charing X (can't hang around too long), IMO it would be a good idea to give the stragglers some idea where the group could be found OR two people (one for backup) to use the internal email to give mobile phone numbers to members who might be coming.

I'm sure @donut will confirm but I thought the arrangements were 10am in Costa Coffee at the main entrance/exit to Charing Cross station.

I'm sure @donut will confirm but I thought the arrangements were 10am in Costa Coffee at the main entrance/exit to Charing Cross station.
That's where we're planning to meet. Hopefully the trains etc will be kind to us. [emoji846]

F301 just arrived - thank you West Yorkshire Cameras for keeping your promise. [emoji3526] Nice to hold a Nikon that isn't flimsy plastic.

F301 just arrived

Nice camera but on mine the lens release mechanism jammed..dunno whether the fault was the camera or Vivitar lens anyway thought the lens was worth more than the camera (a few years ago when camera prices were low)..... so hack sawed the camera body to get at the release pin. What I did learn is that the camera body is well made (y)

OK, a question carefully crafted to cause concern - is there a planned route or are we doing it ad hoc?
[emoji6]

chris would like to see the taylor wessing exhibit and Jonathon would like to see the ansel adams exhibit so it would be nice to have a look at them ,,,otherwise its ad socks ( gonna be a bit fresh I believe )

Won't be able to come this time guys. My son still hasn't fully recovered from pneumonia.

Hope next time I am more lucky

I'm sorry that I won't be able to make it tomorrow. We have an electrician coming and then we're actually going out for the evening!!!! Looking forward to accounts of mayhem, and some excellent pics (even if the weather means they're all grey and grey!).

New member to the forum here, I will be there as well!

look forward to seeing you Minh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sorry you cant make it Chris ,,,is the electrician doing anything or just visiting for the hell of it ?

Well all ready to go, esp sorting out 3 jumpers that would fit under my jacket o_O, and out of the blue was asked if we could look after the grand children for the weekend, well it's great seeing them but we only saw them last and all weekend. Anyway you can all walk around faster without me and have a great time.

Hi all,

Really sorry, we’re going to have to pull out, nikki’s not doing so well atm and could really do with some down time. Sorry again guys :( hope you have a good day!

sorry you cant make it Chris ,,,is the electrician doing anything or just visiting for the hell of it ?

Installing some security lights; we had an attempted break-in before Christmas (which we may have disturbed when we arrived back from the shops with our Christmas tree). Police advice was to get security lights front and back. A few other lighting adjustments as well.

oh f*** ,,,,,ill have to use the Grecian 4000 again tonight

Still not quite sure what that meant, although a Google search produced a clue if it's related to Grecian 2000!

Hope there's still enough coming to have an enjoyable trip (actually we managed an enjoyable day in Suffolk with only 4 of us... plus one who turned up late and never connected)!

its double strength 2000 Chris !

sorry you cant make it Jon ,,,,,,all the best to Nikki …..

I should be packing for our weekend darn sarf but I've not quite got round to it yet......

Hope you're feeling better soon @nikki_s

I'll probably just head to Trafalgar square and ask random strangers if they've seen a bunch of odd folk

And their reply:

Yes young man we've seen several but none as odd as you!:exit::LOL:

Hi all,

Really sorry, we’re going to have to pull out, nikki’s not doing so well atm and could really do with some down time. Sorry again guys :( hope you have a good day!

Oh, that's bad news, was looking forward to seeing you both again. Big hugs and get well soons to Nikki.

im just about to head off to the train station now ,,,,should be charing x about 09.45 ……...ill be the one trying to work out which end of a camera to look through

Thanks for all the messages everyone, we’re so disappointed not to be seeing all of you [emoji853] Hope you all have a lovely time and good luck educating the youngun’s of London on why your cameras don’t have a memory card slot!

im just about to head off to the train station now ,,,,should be charing x about 09.45 ……...ill be the one trying to work out which end of a camera to look through
I'm on the train too, seems to be on time at the moment, Euston at 10:10

We're about to arrive at Euston. We'll drop our bags off at the hotel down the road then head off to Charing Cross :)

We're passing Ruislip manor on the tube right now, changing at Baker street. Should be there around 10.

I'll probably just head to Trafalgar square and ask random strangers if they've seen a bunch of odd folk with film cameras, were bound to find each other eventually.

You're in luck - there'll be even more random strangers than usual!:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ries-set-to-take-part-in-third-global-protest

'In London thousands are expected to gather outside Portland Place in central London at 12.30pm and march to Trafalgar Square by 1.30pm, ending in a two-hour rally.'

Should be a good event to photograph.

Glad you got there safely and met up, it looks very civilised, and it appears there's some beer involved... what a surprise! ;) Hope it's not the £6 a pint I was charged in a hotel last time I went to the Smoke! :eek:

PS Hope Nikki is soon feeling much better too.

Back