London Meet 19th Jan

Great see everyone today, good turnout for a dull January day.

Hope Nikki feels better soon, I’m sure it won’t be long til the next one.

Last edited:
So sorry to have missed you all. Electrician's been and gone, and I spent a cold wet afternoon doing my tax return... so definitely NOT an improvement compared with being with the group!

You were missed Chris but we had an able replacement in Conrad who wandered off numerous times.;)
A grand day out despite the grey skies, lots of laughs and even a photo or two taken. Nice to meet a couple of new people as well.

Yes as Andy says another grand f&C day out and it was good to meet everyone. There was even a youngster in attendance:)

thanks to all for a good day out ,,,although I did get carried away with the shutter finger today ,,,,,,,,,,,23 times , talk about machine gunnin ,,,,,till next time

As above, thanks to all for a great day out. It was really good meeting some new and interesting people. It was also good to see some parts of London I'd never been to before, and it was certainly different shooting film for the first time in well over 10 years. The strange part is having to wait for sending the film off and getting it developed. It will be interesting to see what comes from the roll of Velvia 50 from the Canon 30v, which I finished on the day, and the Agfa Vista 400 from my father in law's Pentax MX, which I got about half the way through.

I look forward to another F&C meet in hopefully the not too distant future.

Yes, thanks everyone for helping make it a great day out. Maybe see you all in another couple of years. ;)

although I did get carried away with the shutter finger today ,,,,,,,,,,,23 times

Sluggard! I finished my roll of XP2 before we even crossed the Thames, although I blame the lack of effective frame counter.. ;)

I didn't take any on my mobile :sneaky::banghead:

Great to see some familiar faces yesterday and to meet a few new ones too. :)

We still have a couple of days here to look forward to! :D

I'd happily walk through there alone with a bag full of kit - and that's actually what I did the first time I found the place. There was a certain amount of 'herbal' activity and I could hear what some call music playing in the background, but it's too busy to be more dangerous than a typical London street.

Now I've got to get my film developed. Hello Max Speilman at Tesco.

Last edited:
The guy with the hoody works fine Toni, but you should have asked the other ones to turn their caps round back to front for a touch more street cred. :wave:

We're from t'north, we should have brought our whippets

I'd happily walk through there alone with a bag full of kit - and that's actually what I did the first time I found the place. There was a certain amount of 'herbal' activity and I could hear what some call music playing in the background, but it's too busy to be more dangerous than a typical London street.

Now I've got to get my film developed. Hello Max Speilman at Tesco.

Well I feel safer, when out on my own, dressing and owning nothing worth nicking...you can even get PAYG mobiles very cheap at supermarkets.....although I've got a flashy mobile given to me including lots of computer stuff when my son, working on a job for a rich person, found it all dumped in a skip o_O

Didn't get many mobile snaps and those I did get featured a Snap

Is it me or does that 1st one look a bit like a discussion about nasal matter?

so in travulgar square ,,this smartypants girl had come up with a great way of reading her txts without having to put her close up glasses on

full

I will leave it to said gentleman to spill the beans or not as he wishes ,,,,,,,
Least said soonest mended (and less opportunity for future p*** taking, although I doubt I'll escape that :D)

once again thanks to everyone for a good day out ,,,,,,,apart from the fact that my left foot fell off on the train home and ive lost it
so now im having trouble walking
It was a lot of walking but worth it(y)

I'm sure there was some mention of @Andysnap's Cautionary Tale while we were walking around on Saturday so for those that are unfamiliar with Andy's tale and the subsequent and ongoing p*** taking here's the thread in all it's complete and wondrous glory, It's worth reading right from the start.

"A Cautionary Tale"

Snip:
Least said soonest mended (and less opportunity for future p*** taking, although I doubt I'll escape that :D)
You didn't do something incredibly stupid like making a pig's ear of loading the film and wander round all day taking 38 shots of nothing did you? Now you'd have to be a real numpty to do that at an F&C meet-up!
:banghead:

Snip:
You didn't do something incredibly stupid like making a pig's ear of loading the film and wander round all day taking 38 shots of nothing did you? Now you'd have to be a real numpty to do that at an F&C meet-up!
:banghead:
Not that, after all I'm an OFFICAL numpty, that kind of thing is for amateurs

Back