LONDON MEET FILM THREAD

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice work Andy, it's good to see photo's from a TP meet that don't consisit entirely of other togs:LOL:

Very nice! Where the blimmin hell were those lions?

Across the road from where we had lunch, under the walls of the Tower.

Nice work Andy, it's good to see photo's from a TP meet that don't consisit entirely of other togs:LOL:

Ah well, that may not be entirely the case....:whistle:

Andy

A few more.....

Well at least we all know what this means now.....

Commit-No-Nuisance by andysnapper1, on Flickr
Andy

so for those not on the London walk ,quiz time . an old lady walked by and see us pointing our cameras at the sign and explained what it meant ,,,so the question is , what did she say was the real meaning of the sign ? answers here please .

erm an old sign............. maybe for tramps, drunks or even school children.

excalibur2 said:
erm an old sign............. maybe for tramps, drunks or even school children.

Yep, but for a more specific act that these people may commit...

Ermmm.... think it's "don't urinate/defecate against this wall" - our equivalent of the french "Défense de ****er" signs ;)

There's lots of them round SE1. Usually found in the vicinity of pubs, I believe.

Too many smart ar*es on here...:D

Andy

Got to say Jim thats far better than I was expecting from the old Looby.

Andy

Andysnap said:
Got to say Jim thats far better than I was expecting from the old Looby.

Andy

Same here! It didn't seem to bad actually. The main problem was all of the multiple exposures when I forgot to wind on!

Had a few myself, lost about 4 shots I think.

Andy

Loving the colours Jim, Portra is pretty much the only colour print film I like.

RaglanSurf said:
Loving the colours Jim, Portra is pretty much the only colour print film I like.

Thanks, took a bit of work to get them right as I am still getting used to vuescan. The colours and grain are rather nice though.

Excellent Jim. Funny how everyone has different ideas on the same subject, this is mine on the R3A and Kodak Ektar 100

Through-the-arch by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy

Another one from me. This time taken with my oly trip 35 and portra 400. Really like the film, much nicer than the superia 400 I have used before.

Superia seems to be more of a general, 'consumer' film, giving perfectly adequate results when called on. But Portra seems to go the next step (y)

Excellent Jim. Funny how everyone has different ideas on the same subject, this is mine on the R3A and Kodak Ektar 100

Through-the-arch by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Andy

Very true. The films are also showing their characteristics as well, yours looks like an ektar shot!

Superia seems to be more of a general, 'consumer' film, giving perfectly adequate results when called on. But Portra seems to go the next step (y)

I found superia 400 to be muddy and much more grainy than the portra. It costs a little more but when I want 400iso colour film I know which one I will get!

It's St Dunstan's off Great Tower Street. Blimey you locals know nowt....:)

Andy

Andy

Tourists always take more notice than locals, I know where it is and could walk straight to it but knowing street names :shake:

Andysnap said:

Andy

I get lost in my own house! It's not a reflection on all the locals. ;)

Tourists always take more notice than locals, I know where it is and could walk straight to it but knowing street names :shake:

Thank God for Google Maps.....:naughty:

Here's a few from the London meet from my RZ67

6039255650_fc3588bb33_z.jpg
[/url]
RZ67 Kodak VPS160 01 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

6039344998_73d902fd75_z.jpg
[/url]
RZ67 KodakVPS160 06 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

6038845329_eccd62f831_z.jpg
[/url]
RZ67 KodakVPS160 10 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

6038643577_ca8e8d8db5_z.jpg
[/url]
RZ67 Acros 100 05 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

6038659381_b6562518a1_z.jpg
[/url]
RZ67 Acros 100 07 by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

It would appear that I have a minor problem with my camera :eek: Although I am quite liking the un-intentional multiple exposures :LOL:

or even

6039571006_9ce9463544_z.jpg

if you want it the right way round ;)

Now I don't want to seem pedantic but it was actually right the first time as it was a reflection :razz::LOL:

Yes Nick it would appear to be just a small problem....:thinking:

I'd forgotten about the pretty girls, well done.:clap:

Andy

Well they say the camera adds 10 pounds..... there must have been about 8 on me then..:naughty:

I don't think I mentioned this at the time but I would like to thank everyone who was there for a great day out, in fact I've never had a day in London I've enjoyed more. (y)

Andy

Last edited:
Andysnap said:
Well they say the camera adds 10 pounds..... there must have been about 8 on me then..:naughty:

I don't think I mentioned this at the time but I would like to thank everyone who was there for a great day out, in fact I've never had a day in London I've enjoyed more. (y)

Andy

Have to agree it was great fun. We shall have to organise another!

Back