London Shard/City Hall Sunset and Blue Hour

3 stunning shots, I like the 1st one because I feel the colours seem richer.

I don't say that often… BRILLIANT!

Thanks for the pleasure Craig. :)

Thanks everyone, first attempt at cityscapes and something I could really enjoy doing more of.

Last one. Ideally the lights of the buildings should be slightly brighter than the sky. The 3rd is timed perfectly

I can always turn a few more lights on in one of the earlier ones but for me it is not as believable as the first two and does not have the more night time feel of the third;

London Dusk by Craig Hollis, on Flickr

I'm a sucker for the blue hour, No 3 for me.

Love them All, Brilliant No 3 is my favourite :)

Last edited:
An excellent set, cracking ;)

Good set, but no3 is the standout image imo. Lovely deep blue early evening sky and the illuminated buildings are spot on.

I love the composition with the Shard and City Hall (I always seem to have the Shard from the West and will definitely have to try this). Think No.2 edges it for me but a great set.

Excellent set, like the clouds in the 2nd but exposure in 1st and really love the night shot!

3 cracking shots. Number 2 stands out for me - the cloud positioning just tops it off nicely.

Thank you for the comments.

Has anyone figured out that these are time blended shots yet?

The initial base exposures including the sunsets were taken first then the blue hour shots that included the city lights were taken later and blended together.

Back