Critique London

Very nice set of images Steve, familiar scenes with a different take to them.(y)

George.

Reactions: ST4
All good shots Steve, but now wondering how you disappeared all the punters from the palace in particular? The horse could just use a tiny tweak to it's eyes to bring them alive a bit, but that really is nitpicking.

All good shots Steve, but now wondering how you disappeared all the punters from the palace in particular? The horse could just use a tiny tweak to it's eyes to bring them alive a bit, but that really is nitpicking.

Check the exposure time...ghosted out (mainly)....it was mad at midday, but I prefer illuminated architecture anyway so it was a blue hour job taken after 8pm when most tourists are eating/drinking. There was a few, but they ghosted out mostly.

Used a grad to darken the sky down and exposed at F11 for 25secs.

I take the comment re the horse. I pulled the shadows off the whole image, as I didn't want to blow out the whites on the horse gaurd, but can tinker some more.

A good different take on Buckingham Palace Steve. Nice to see instead of the usual touristy shots. Hope you were treated well on your visit.

A good different take on Buckingham Palace Steve. Nice to see instead of the usual touristy shots. Hope you were treated well on your visit.

I treated myself very well. Thai Square in Trafalgar was a good if pricey lunch. I walked around up embankment to St. Paul's but the light failed me, so I walked back to Buck House. I like lit up architecture...

I'll be back. Sleeper train seats are £25 each way if you book in advance ;)

First image is quite striking. It's great when the wind is straight towards you with a long shutter speed :)

It was bloody windy. I arrived in shorts, and had to change into trousers as it got cold.

Thought you were a Scotsman... you not used to that? ;)

Back