Scotland Long Exposure West coast Scotland

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Evening folks

I'm getting a bit fed up with my usual locations for getting some long expo shots so looking for some suggestions of other locations on the West coast of Scotland, I'm based in Glasgow and weather looks good for a sunset on Wed so ideally something within about an hour to an hour and half!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the suggestions [emoji23] decided on either Turberry lighthouse or Ardrossan beach, any ideas which would be the better location for shots?

If you want something a bit different, the timber ponds on the clyde just before you get to Port Glasgow are quite interesting. North facing with the Argyll hills behind - might be a touch too early in the year for sunset though.

Portencross has a castle, pier, harbour and Arran in the background.
Located just north of Seamill.

I was in Ayr on Saturday and the Arran Hills had snow on them, so maybe a possibility of getting some sunset colour reflected from them if you're down the coast? Personally can't see the attraction of the Portencross Pier, but it seems quite popular on here. Marmite? :thinking:

I was in Ayr on Saturday and the Arran Hills had snow on them, so maybe a possibility of getting some sunset colour reflected from them if you're down the coast? Personally can't see the attraction of the Portencross Pier, but it seems quite popular on here. Marmite? :thinking:
It's a pretty ugly lookin thing, but the scenery is nice.

So went to Ardrossan beach, Portencross then decided to make my way to Turnberry for sunset at the lighthouse, drove for over an hour then walked along the beach for 20 odd minutes an eventually made it to the lighthouse only to be told by a trump construction guy to turn around as the lighthouse was closed off!! Was a bit annoyed at that but nothing I could do.......this was my best shot of a disappointing day!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457562891.631339.jpg

Back