Long Jump & Triple Jump

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A few long jump and triple jump shots.....

2356837067_bd7de81cf3_o.jpg

2431509843_ab582424b7_o.jpg

2431266749_8a42edc9ae_o.jpg

2431979942_7574189186_o.jpg

2431979372_8668e8ed65_o.jpg

2431977800_a8388e6ab4_o.jpg

TFL Ian.

Very nice, excellent colours nice and sharp, captures the action beautifully.:clap:

Wow those are good! and indoors too!

Was there any natural light to help you out?

great shots :)

All very good, but No4 is an absolute corker.

Brilliant shots, bloomin' flawless, 1 and 2 for me for the sharpness and vibrancy!

Soooperb!

am loving no.4, all of them are great but theres something about no.4 that stands out... I think its beacuse its so close in.. but then it could be that she looks like she's pondering over something....
Great work indeed!

I would get rid of the white border and the little drop shadow. Doesn't really add to the photos. The photos are really nice thou. Just the border I don't like.

Maybe some of the photos from the side would of been good as well, show the lenght which they are jumping.

A good start in what I know is a tricky subject in that it can look quite static, so it is hard to give these context. Would be interesting if you could get down low, manually expose for the backdrop and then flash them......???

nice set mate
(y)

but i would like to see more eye contact..:shrug:

there is always room for improvement (y)

md(y):D

shes part of my uni team.

Dont know thm directly but can find out lol.

Are you going to be at a few events this year??

If so do you know mark shearman?

This was (BUSA) a one off event as it was in Sheffield but wouldn't mind doing some more if given the opportunity.

Is Mark Shearman the guy at Athletics Weekly?.........I don't know him but I imagine he would be a good contact.

There are some more images from BUSA here if you want to see if you recognise anyone else.

Cheers Ian.

Last edited:
Great stuff (y)

It never fails to amaze me the quality you get with full frame, the colours are always so good and make great photos even better. Good work...

Steve

For some reason No. 4 made me LOL... her expression almost says 'what was I doing? Oh yes, I remember, long jump....'

Regarding borders and drop shadows - I am very conservative when it comes to the presentation of photos... my grandfather was an accomplished amateur tog and pioneered (we are talking 1920/30s here) not having borders and mounting phots on neutral backgrounds... but whatever works for you is fine by me - they are, after all, your pictures :)

B.

#4 is rightly getting all the plaudits, but I really like 3 as well due to the low angle of shot showing the jumpers leap above the two onlookers at the back.

All are excellent captures, especially for indoor shots.

Excellent set of shots in poor lighting condition, I know how hard it is shooting indoor athletics without being allowed to use flash and you've made a cracking job of these.

Iain

Back