long road out

Name
Zak Millard
Edit My Images
Yes
long_road_out2.jpg

long_road_remix.jpg
i think this goes in here c+c please, a photo i took on holiday in scotland just a little tweaking in photoshop of the colors
long_road_remix1.jpg

Last edited:
over saturated and needs to improve with curves. the skys way too shot.

The sky is blown, see what you can do pp with this. On the right of the pic the trees look oof, or is it my eyes? Nice idea, but imho the road does not draw your eye to anything special.

i am sorry but agree with above comments, the shot looks slightly OOF, the highlights are blown, over saturated (or over use of shadow/highlight, not sure which) with no real interest or focal piont. sorry that i have said nothing positive, i am just trying to be honest.

hope this helps

dave

is the second one any better?? yeah i agree i got a bit over enthusiastic in photoshop but thanks for the advice and see if number 2 is better or still not very good. thanks

yeah i was thinking it looked hazy lol oh well worth 5 mins in photoshop il try better next time. no worries atleast your honest thanks(y)

did pp for you:

longroadout.jpg

the skys not good, next time when you take a shoot, use 3 or 5 different exposures then do the photomerge or HDR :)

Last edited:
discodavor said:
the foreground in number 2 now looks flat and dull. to be honest i am not sure photoshop can save this image.

Really? :naughty:

fixed.jpg

I think what it suffers from is the road is very leading to the eye.. but if you look where it lead it is hazy out of focus bushes.. It might have worked if you had lots more road and maybe sky at the end.

Desaturated the road and darkened the sky. Made the yellowy bushes more green and sharpened a little.

2vs5283.jpg

Hi Zak..
The idea is great but sorry it doesn't work as the sky is so blown and saturated.
keep trying mate. You certainly have an eye for it.
It's just that the early stages are a big learning curve.

Back