Look away

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry me again, another from the set :)

(I tried to edit with a soft look/feel + taken at f2.5 on 50mm)

Happy to take C&C as always.

Thank you for looking.

Look away by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely composure. The full 4 whites of the eyes, whilst retaining the head position is excellent.
The models expression really matches the title.

Lovely composure. The full 4 whites of the eyes, whilst retaining the head position is excellent.
The models expression really matches the title.
Thank you, Paul, much appreciated.

That's very very nice Gav. I can imagine you both still looking at that picture in decades to come.

Well done :D

I think the black bg works really well. beautiful shot.

It's really very nice, though the B&W conversion is perhaps a smidge flat for me.

As I watch your development I can really see the technical side coming along beautifully. I've said it before though - just be careful you don't lose the emotion and engagement. Having a model gaze wistfully at a light is really just a starting point. You've gone beyond that.

It's really very nice, though the B&W conversion is perhaps a smidge flat for me.
Thank you, Simon, I'm glad you said something, I've looked back a few times and thought something was off (y)

As I watch your development I can really see the technical side coming along beautifully. I've said it before though - just be careful you don't lose the emotion and engagement. Having a model gaze wistfully at a light is really just a starting point. You've gone beyond that.
Thank you, pressures on now then :):LOL:
My trouble is lack of imagination :headbang: I hope to have another go at something soon.

Really appreciate the feedback, thank you. :)

Thank you, Simon, I'm glad you said something, I've looked back a few times and thought something was off (y)

Thank you, pressures on now then :):LOL:
My trouble is lack of imagination :headbang: I hope to have another go at something soon.

Really appreciate the feedback, thank you. :)

It sometimes helps to ask yourself what a picture - or shoot - is for before you start.

Back