Mick Ryan

Advertiser
Name
Michael Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
fotovue-scotland-frontcover.jpg
Hi All

Photographing Scotland by Dougie Cunningham is expected to arrive on Monday 11th December, and signed pre-order copies will be mailed out on that day.

You can have a look at some sample pages here.... https://www.fotovue.com/news/announ...and-arrives-11th-december-have-a-look-inside/

It is a 592-page photo-location guidebook that describes over 280 locations to visit and photograph, and is illustrated with over 800 stunning photographs and features detailed OS maps.

Pre-orders with free shipping are £22 (RRP £27.95). UK mailing address only. OUT DECEMBER

Also, I've just increased Talk Photography's members discount to 20% off our existing books (and free shipping). Good until the end of the year....use the code TPFV at the checkout.

all the best,

Mick

---------------------

MORE ABOUT
PHOTOGRAPHING SCOTLAND

by Dougie Cunningham

It covers the whole of Scotland from the Mull of Galloway in the south to the tip of Shetland.

From Glencoe to Glen Torridon, Skye to Shetland, Callanish to Cairngorm, this guidebook reveals the islands and mountains, glens and lochs, rivers and coastline and visits ancient stone circles, fortified houses, medieval castles, crofts and peel towers. The classic views are included and many more lesser known and hidden gems amongst the Lowlands, Highlands and Islands of this spectacular country.

Also included are photographic tours of Edinburgh and Glasgow.

FEATURING:
• 592 pages • 280 locations • Over 800 photographs • Classic venues and lesser known gems
• From roadside to mountaintop • Detailed maps, directions and co-ordinates • The best time and season to visit • Location accessibility notes • Sun compass • Photographic tips
• Advice on mountain photography • Whisky Distilleries List

£22 Pre-order price – Signed and FREE UK shipping: OUT DECEMBER . ..... https://www.fotovue.com/shop/books/photographing-scotland/

Last edited:
When can I pre-order until?

Until publication early December Ian.

After that using discount code TPFV you can get it at 20% off with free shipping.

thank you all.

Mick

Order placed.

I found the Devon and Cornwall edition useful - it led me to Trebarwith Strand, a lovely place on the north Cornish coast.

Chris

Ordered my 'Xmas present' or is it my late birthday? :)

I wouldn't mind it, but would rather buy it to actually go out there and photograph the spots than just looking at them. (I only go up once or twice a year)

Ordered my 'Xmas present' or is it my late birthday? :)

Thank you Chuckles and to everyone who has pre-ordered a copy. It really is a stunning book.

It is now at the printers and should be back in December - I should have a date in a few days.

all the best,

Mick

Hi Mick, book ordered and can’t wait for it to turn up. Are you any nearer with your book on Calderdale? Hebden Bridge and the surrounding area was my number one go to place on the mountain bike for a good 5 years. Trouble is, you miss all the “compositions” blasting through on a bike. Would love to go back exploring with the camera

That looks a superb book for landscape photographers. I'll tell a friend of mine who isn't a TP member.

I am hoping to visit Scotland next year some time and wonder if anyone can recommend a wildlife of Scotland guide publication please because that's all I shoot.

Brilliant book, arrived this morning. However I have been sent 2 when I only ordered 1.

Arrived this morning. First impressions are good, it's now going to be wrapped up.

Chris

Hi Mick, book ordered and can’t wait for it to turn up. Are you any nearer with your book on Calderdale? Hebden Bridge and the surrounding area was my number one go to place on the mountain bike for a good 5 years. Trouble is, you miss all the “compositions” blasting through on a bike. Would love to go back exploring with the camera

Hi Tongy

I get out a bit every day to photograph - now resident just above Mytholm at Lower Ratenstall, looking down on Hebden - and have started writing, with the Calderdale book, I'll probably do two editions - Hebden Bridge area - stretching to west, Tod and east, Mytholmroyd, then Stoodley south, and as north Widdop - then at the same time I'm working on the whole of the Calderdale and Haworth/Bronte Country area for a bigger book.

I will however put some info up on our website - key locations as an interim fix.

Biking is so good around here.

All the best,

Mick

My copy just arrived but it will be my Christmas present from my son and the miserable little devil has hidden it and won't let me look at it. I bought my brother the guide to the Peaks so I'm wondering whether I can read that without making it look like I'm giving him a used present for Christmas.

I think it's come - told Mrs. Chuckles to wrap it up. (It's unopened, so it could be a Recipe Book) Let you know for certain in a couple of weeks :)

Can anyone tell me please whether this book offers any guidance to wildlife in Western Scotland?

Thank you in advance.

Robin

Some general info is mentioned on the early pages and maybe some more on location pages but not a lot.

....Thank you Mighty_Blighty, much appreciated.

Yes, that sort of wildlife info is far too general and so the book would have very limited use for my purposes. You saved me 22 squid!

....Brilliant! Mick < You're a star! I'll be buying that book. Excellent 'Look inside' feature which really helps a purchasing decision. Can I use the 'TPFV' discount code please?

Of course Red Robin - I'll just check it is active. Yes it is, free shipping and 20% off until 1st Jan.

Andrew's is a cracking book.

All the best,

Mick

Of course Red Robin - I'll just check it is active. Yes it is, free shipping and 20% off until 1st Jan.

Andrew's is a cracking book.

All the best,

Mick

....Many Thanks, Mick! Now ordered and paid for.

Back