Looking for a speedlight softbox

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for a speedlight softbox of good quality and a good bracket.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know because I just keep finding loads of Chinese tat.

I was looking at that bracket before but it said an SB900 was very tight. I have an SB910 but no idea if they're the same size or not.

I use a Mieke MK910 which is a clone of the Nikon and whilst it is a bit tight, it fits perfectly.

A very sturdy product of decent quality for the price. It is pretty big though so make sure you have a good amount of working space.

Funnily enough, so am I so I'll be watching this thread with interest too.

I'm curious to know what the issues with the "Chinese tat" are (not that I'm in any way disagreeing with the principle) - if we're using these in an amateur/hobbyist environment (and indoors) is build quality as critical? Although given the price of that Godox one, it doesn't seem worth saving £5 and buying off fleabay!

Jamie, are you looking for a grid as well (I am) - although I don't have experience of using a gridded softbox popular consensus seems to suggest it's the way to go if you want more directional control.

Have a look at Bessel, they do gridded soft boxes, octoboxes etc.. With standard fitments r and they do a speed light adaptor

I would highly recommend the lastolite ezyboxes, I have the octa medium version with the 2 flash holder and I have a grid for it, great build quality easy to assemble and works well but they are expensive I admit!

Another thumbs up for Lastolite. UK made and any subsequent problems they will address. Now part of Manfrotto

Back