Looking for a windows laptop...

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
For business needs, no gaming no photo editing but I'm impatient and would like a decent processor.

Not bothered about windows or even a hdd as I've plenty of ssd's I can stick in.

I need a 13-14 inch screen. Resolution not important but 1080p would be nice.

Budget around £500. I can't seem to find anything that suits these needs.

No touchscreen either!

Look at Dell Outlet - often a wide range of laptops with good offers. Check Dell Outlet Uk Twitter for discount codes as well.

There's a couple of dell latitude 13" in your price range. Always been great business machines in my experience (normally the 15" models I've used). 128gb ssd, only a dual core 6th gen i5 but at this price point I don't think you'll get a quad.

Thank you all. I can't go second hand as will need a invoice/receipt for tax purposes.

Il check out dell outlet.

@neil_g Will a dual core chip with no ht (pentium ;)) be any good? Skylakes no better than haswell really.

Another vote for Dell Outlet or Thinkpad from here, my T400 is still trooping on!

The benchmarks for the dual core skylake i3, i5 and i7 are all very samey so it looks like there's 200mhz between them as a 'differentiator'

I found a HP X360 with a 13.3 inch screen and i5 6200u, 8gb ram and 128 ssd for £449.

Nicely under budget, although compromised on screen resolution. Unfortunately comes with win 8 but I have a few win 10 keys and it will be nice to remove the bloatware!

FWIW

If you have your ISO W10 download from earlier this year it still works..........it did for me :) I learned of this elsewhere and it was true that the account activation servers are clearly still running ;)

FWIW

If you have your ISO W10 download from earlier this year it still works..........it did for me :) I learned of this elsewhere and it was true that the account activation servers are clearly still running ;)
I do yes but it's still downloadable too, I did it a fortnight ago!

Back