Looking for an Android app to 'scan' documents to PDFs

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anybody recommend an Android app for me?

I want to use my phone to 'scan' documents and turn them into PDFs. There seem to be tons of apps around that offer this sort of functionality and I'm looking for recommendations from people who have used them.

Essential functionality:
  • Create multi-page PDFs from multiple documents
  • Upload to DropBox
  • Send via email
  • High quality scan for documents with small print
Functionality not required:
  • OCR and document editing
  • Fax support
  • Document organisation (I want to just scan and upload/email)
Any suggestions?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplescan.scanner

Has functionality you don't need but equally covers the basics you are looking for.
Seconded - I've been using that one for several years now without any problems. (y)
Thanks guys. I downloaded Simple Scan and a few other apps which I've seen highly recommended, and I really like Simple Scan. Very easy and intuitive workflow, just what I need. I've paid the £4-odd for the Pro version so that I can upload to DropBox as well as send by email, and it's working great. Thanks.
I use cam scanner. Been using it for years and love it.

If I remember correctly there are free and paid options.

I literally scan every letter I get in the post (less the junk)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intsig.camscanner
Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion. I downloaded and tried Cam Scanner: it does the job, and it was the second best one I tried, but it was just pipped by Simple Scan. Thanks anyway.

The Adobe one is very decent, but Google Drive has this functionality built into it :)

Think I'll have a look at simple scan ;)
Thanks guys. I downloaded Simple Scan and a few other apps which I've seen highly recommended, and I really like Simple Scan. Very easy and intuitive workflow, just what I need. I've paid the £4-odd for the Pro version so that I can upload to DropBox as well as send by email, and it's working great. Thanks.

Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion. I downloaded and tried Cam Scanner: it does the job, and it was the second best one I tried, but it was just pipped by Simple Scan. Thanks anyway.

Back