Loooking to buy some good quality film?

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to make a small bulk purchase maybe 10xrolls of some really good quality colour film 100/200 iso any ideas?

Thinking Kodak gold 200 or Ektar 100?

Basically all the colour film on the market, consumer and professional, is capable of excellent results.

Ektar is a surprisingly finicky film for a colour negative emulsion, but can be used for great effect in certain shooting scenarios.

What sort of stuff are you looking to shoot?

I'm mainly looking for a general colour film to move up to from my agfa vista now I seem to have my technique going the right way, mainly improve the detail and the bring more colour out.

Portra 160 > Kodak Gold

Fuji pro 160NS or Reala/Superia

The choice is ever narrowing

Portray 160, which I'm growing to like more and more or Ektar for turbo colour-oomph.

Just another vote for Portra, shoot it while it still exists!

I'm mainly looking for a general colour film to move up to from my agfa vista now I seem to have my technique going the right way, mainly improve the detail and the bring more colour out.

Portra really is probably the best colour negative emulsion ever released, although "improving detail" probably comes down more to scanning than any film - even Gold probably resolves a decent amount of detail, it's your scanner which will be the limiting factor.

Portra really is probably the best colour negative emulsion ever released, although "improving detail" probably comes down more to scanning than any film - even Gold probably resolves a decent amount of detail, it's your scanner which will be the limiting factor.

This. The digital bit will always try and thwart the effort of the film photographer :LOL:

but yeh Gold is a rather crappy film, Ektar or Portra for colour neg, if you really want to give detail and colour a kick up the jacksie then it's go straight to Velvia, do not pass Ektar do not collect Portra...(y)

Back