loss of quality after uploading

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys

ive taken an image using my 40d, colour corrected and done anything in photoshop, resized in photoshop, uploaded using photobucket/deviant art and im losing quality.

i havent seen this problem before, so i thought it must be the account / computer, so different computer / account and im still losing quality.

here is one of the images

pictureofRose1copy.jpg

if anyone wants, i can email the comparison i did (screenshot of open jpeg and online version)

if you right click - save - the picture, the quality comes back (for me anyway)

helps

Ive noticed it on here too-I usually keep it at 300 dpi and dont compress too much.

its weird, it does it on other forums which is why i posted the query here. although i know people who upload fine and the images appear fine on the forums.

i just cant understand why after saving it from say this topic to the desktop, that it restores the quality.

no i used camera raw with photoshop, adjusted the sharpness slightly, then converted to jpeg and resized.

what i cant understand is that if any of you was to save my picture to your desktop then open it, the quality will be restored.........

whats going on!

You probably have photoshop set to open and save the image in the Adobe 1998 or PhotoPro colour space. Your web browser ignores the colour space because you're using something hopeless like IE instead of Firefox 3.0 :), and so displays the image as if it were in sRGB.

Change the colour space to sRGB by clicking on the blue text at the bottom of the PS raw conversion. If that doesn't work then I'm stumped.

You probably have photoshop set to open and save the image in the Adobe 1998 or PhotoPro colour space. Your web browser ignores the colour space because you're using something hopeless like IE instead of Firefox 3.0 :), and so displays the image as if it were in sRGB.

Change the colour space to sRGB by clicking on the blue text at the bottom of the PS raw conversion. If that doesn't work then I'm stumped.

im using firefox :) Ive tried this with another image as the previous one wasnt saved as a raw.

IMG_1903copy.jpg

just tried the sRGB and i believe it has worked, ill try to compare once its posted

i believe its sorted now, thanks for your help :) can i auto default PP to always choose sRGB?

Dave

EDIT : it has already defaulted :)

Dave

Back