Lost gopro video

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I am trying to recover a video that was recorded with my gopro camera. I tried to view the video on my phone as I was away from home, but when I put the micro sd card in the phone it started preparing the card and has wiped all the videos off! Is there a way of recovering them? I have tried Recuva which shows 2 deleted files but it unable to recover them :(

Can anyone recommend a method of recovering these files?

John

When I have accidentally formatted my compact flash cards without realising I still had photos on them I use a program called Stellar Phoenix Recovery or Sandisk Rescue Pro Deluxe which both work well, but both cost money.

If your sd card is formatted, I don't think you can recover them, if the videos are just deleted, you can try the recuva

Formatting shouldn't be a problem either, it just removes the tables, the data is still there theres just no link to it. I've recovered customers images several times. Indeed one used to regulary format her cards after her holiday. I'd be recovering about 60/70gb from several different cards, it was a royal PITA as it takes ages.

If your sd card is formatted, I don't think you can recover them, if the videos are just deleted, you can try the recuva

Formatting normally just deletes the File Allocation Table at the start of the disk, it doesn't overwrite the data.

It's over-writing/secure delete etc. etc. that makes it harder.

Back