lovely christmas story

blinkerdfossil

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42483201

A mother has been "overwhelmed" by the response to her photograph of four smiling royals, which appeared on the front of numerous national newspapers.

Karen Murdoch, of Watlington, Norfolk, captured a beaming Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on Christmas Day at Sandringham.

Her image made the front pages of the Sun, Daily Mail, Mirror, Star, Daily Telegraph and Express newspapers.

Ms Murdoch, 39, said reaction to the picture has been "bizarre and bonkers".

She is hoping to use any proceeds from the snap to fund her daughter's studies. She says she now has an agent working on her behalf.

The amateur photographer told BBC Breakfast: "It was pure luck - I took it on an iPhone and it was a great photograph.

"The rest is history."

Well, I suppose it's lovely but sad old me saw it ("it" being the whole saga) as a rather negative aspect of todays society.

20 togs missed the shot and the daily mail paid her 50.00 to use the image online, about sums things up.

Hopefully the agency/agent she is using can monetize it properly.......£50 for online usage of such a newsworthy & public interest picture is derisery :(

Though I wonder if the agent has raised her expectations too high what with her comment 'about enough money to put her daughter through college' !!!

I'm afraid she'll need quite a few £50's to pay for any type of additional education. I'm pleased that she has had her 15 minutes of fame, but I can't see the lady making a killing with this...

Fair play to her for getting the shot, listening to the advice of people of Twitter and not giving the photo away for free.

Surely if the papers have already used it, with permission, then it’s too late to make any real money from it?

A lot of news outlets have parted with their cash for the image, as have many celeb' rags.
Good luck to her.

Reactions: RIR
Back