Lovely Evening

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
I went with a load of girlfriends to an open-air concert at Audley End House (an English Heritage property) on Saturday night.
It was the Bootleg Beatles and they were FAB!!
It was all really relaxed, picnics on the grass, champagne, families, etc., all in a wonderful setting.

The group sounded exactly like the real thing, even when they spoke between numbers they adopted the Liverpool accent. It was very authentic. At one point they said that security had told them that people were using mobile phones and digital cameras... and they shouldnt. I got worried and put my camera down........then he said "....as it's only 1966 and they havent been invented yet!" :D

They changed their clothes 4 times to keep up with the fashion of the times......early 60's, Sgt. Pepper, hippy etc.

Here is a short slideshow of pics I took.........not for critique but just to give an idea of the night. After you click on the first thumbnail you can click the arrow in the top right to start the show. Hope you like it.

http://www.janicehobbsphotography.co.uk/Bootlegs

Nice :)

Looking through them they all seem a touch dark. Not much so it may be you chose to present them like that as it was evening time.

RobertP said:
Nice :)

Looking through them they all seem a touch dark. Not much so it may be you chose to present them like that as it was evening time.

I like them but I prefer my shots a little on the dark side anyway. Some nice shots there and the likenesses of these guys to the real deal is quite uncanny.

Looks like a great evening Janice, what a stunning set...the surroundings I mean. :) I love bands like this, really authentic and giving it their all. I saw a band called Lets Zep a few months ago, fantastic screaming voice, and I was surprised to find I new the words to all of the covers. :LOL:

Some good shots their, nice slide show too.

wow, they certainly look the part, I love open air concerts like this, the atmosphere is amazing!

Back