Lovely old Kodak No.3 Autographic Model H

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

Just been given this by a friend on my bass players website. It's really nice - shutter works and aperture adjusts smoothly, I BET it still works.

So - how do I load her up? I think it takes '118' film.

Any experts here? I can provide more pics very soon, sorry about this crappy iPhone pic. It was made, I think, between 1914 and 1926, and the lens says between 1910 and 1913.

Cheers
ped

f461d470.jpg

Not sure about the film but its a good idea to get a bright torch and go to a dark place and shine it into the bellows (while they're open) to see if it has any light leaks. I just bought an old Ensign pocket 20 and it has a few pinprick leaks which I need to find out the best way to fix them.
I love using these old bellows cameras, you really have to think about what you're doing.

Andy

Nice, as said film could be an issue though not to an adventurous type :LOL: Reminds me I still have to sort the Piccolette shortly...

Yep. A No. 3 would indicate 118 film.

http://www.vintagephoto.tv/autofilm.shtml

I think you're going to be having a hard time finding film for it though. Kodak discontinued 118 in 1961.

It uses a 3¼" × 4¼" image size, which would prove tricky to find a reasonable substitute that you could cut down (in a darkroom) to use.

Ha! Well, that might make things more difficult. Time for another eBay 'saved search' methinks!!!

I have one of these.
It also had an alternative plate back, but I never found one. ( I think there is one in the Bradford museum.)
I picked the camera up in Spain in 1958
It can also have a variety of lenses.

Not sure about the film but its a good idea to get a bright torch and go to a dark place and shine it into the bellows (while they're open) to see if it has any light leaks. I just bought an old Ensign pocket 20 and it has a few pinprick leaks which I need to find out the best way to fix them.
I love using these old bellows cameras, you really have to think about what you're doing.

Andy

If they really are Pinprick leaks then black latex based fabric paint, similar to the stuff I used to fix the shutter curtain on my FED3 will do the trick. Paint it on the inside (by preference - keeps the camera looking better) of the bellows, but don't close it up until the paints thoroughly dried.

How about good old black tape...:)

If the latex paint I suggested doesn't work - that's the next step (y)

The fabric paint is a bit less bulky if there are a few leaks on each side of the bellows, and also easier to get into the corners.

Thanks for the tips boys.

Andy

Back