LR Catalogue Update issues

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
LR insisted I update the catalogue which I've done. The issue is it's now showing most images as missing on both internal hard drives. I've tried Fin All Missing Photos and nothing happened. Any advice please?

Lightroom normally actually creates a new cat rather than "Updating" the old one. The new catalogue will probably have an extension on the end, and your old one should be still in place.

e.g. on my PC:

greqerggerq.JPG

My original catalogue was called "master catalogue" and you can see LR updated it in 2017 to create "Master Catalogue-2", then again in 2019 to "Master Catalogue-2-2"

You should be able to do "file" & "open catalogue" to re-open the old one. Double check the file locations are ok and if they are, try the update again.

I normaly let LR do it to my C drive and then I copy that to my other internal, but I might set it up the other way around

Just set up a folder on the 'other' Internal Drive for the catalog backups.

I do this, and also both folders are synced to my NAS which in turn mirrors them onto two drives, so hopefully I have a copy of my catalogue since its on 4 drives!!

I don't bother using the LR backups and instead use backup software to pick up the .lrcat alongside images. As an aside - almost every person who has attended my LR course thought that the backup function in LR would backup their images. No. Just the catalogue.

Also, don't forget that templates, presets, flags, and colour labels and some other obscure stuff is not stored in the catalogue but is instead stored in the easy to remember... Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\*

Yay Adobe.

Back