Lucky B&W film on Ebay Question

Arthur will confirm but it looks like traditional B&W. Film processing is very straightforward, about as hard as making a decent cup of tea.

Thanks all, wanders off to find out how much its going to cost to get into B&W developing, any ideas of where to pick up the basic kit anyone?

Its been years and years since I last developed a film, I think the last time was during my basic training when I joined the forces! That was a few years ago.

It's bw, and a basic kit is under £30 for chemicals. Add another £20 for a bag and tank and you're sorted.

Chemicals kit here

Patterson tank & 2 universal Reels here

Changing Bag here

Maybe another couple of quid for 3 x Measuring jugs from Asda, a cheap 50 ml measuring cylinder

A decent thermometer is also handy - whilst temperature isn't critical for BnW, it's easier to be consistant if you work at a constant temperature. All the instructions for Ilford chemicals etc, seem to be based around 20C processing. Have a look at the Ilford BnW bible here

Note: those links may not be the cheapest - I went for BIN rather than auction links, as the info may be of use for more than just the OP... I've used, and can recommend the bloke who's selling the chemicals, but not the others...

I have decided to stop restoring my old mini and turn the garage into a Developing studio. eeeeek!

Anyone want to buy a Mini?:D:D:D

As I am about to start on the tricky slippery slope of colour developing I just bought a batch of this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260509914214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It has excellent skin and natural tone rendition, so ideal for landscapes and portraits. Or portraits in the countryside even. Cheap too :D

I've bought two lots off this guy, and have only opened the first packet and the results are excellent.
BTW it used to be £15 when I bought it.

Hexanon lens, Tesco development, Reala:-
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn172/chakrata/konica883-1.jpg

Back