Lucky shot!

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Went down the beach the other day with no intention of shooting any birds but this fella was sat on top of a pole, and sat there for 10 minutes while I took some shots.

4255290758_d1e2c80186_o.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely capture (y) I am just a bit distracted by what seems circular white halo`s projecting up into the blue sky :thinking:

Lovely capture (y) I am just a bit distracted by what seems circular white halo`s projecting up into the blue sky :thinking:

Just re-uploaded. Had the jpeg export set at a crappy resolution, so hopefully that's better. (y)

Thats a nice shot.
Lovely blue sky you have for a background, really brings out the colour of the feathers.

Couple of great shots, wish I could just come across one that would pose for 10 minutes. What lens did you use and how close were you?

Couple of great shots, wish I could just come across one that would pose for 10 minutes. What lens did you use and how close were you?

My recently acquired 55-250mm IS, which is excellent so far.(y)
As for distance, I guess I was no more than about 15 foot away.

When I see them they are always too far away and head into the distance as soon as they see me

Hey :wave: What great shots and i love the blue sky!! You were really lucky he sat for you that long! my fav is number 2, i think thats a great capture welldone you :clap: where abouts on the beach was it taken?

Back