Luminar 4 for £44

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been looking at Luminar for a number of years but recently downloaded the trial for no 4 - the main reason for sticking with LR is because generally I am quite lazy and can't be bothered to learn how to use new editing software.

However, I don't like paying monthly - I'm not a pro so sometimes I might go a couple of months without serious editing. Lightroom is also just too slow and they don't seem to want to improve this.

So I tried Luminar and it seems to have improved - with a code I paid £44 which seems very reasonable.

I went on to my Adobe account and of course they want to charge me £44 to cancel.........so I selected 'offers' and chose the 2 months for free option - gives me time to review things !!

Anyone else use Luminar care to offer any top tips ?

You can get Luminar 4 AND Aurora HDR AND Photolemur 3 for £20 !! Yes, that's 3 progs for £20 ........ fulll progs, all the registration codes etc...

I already had Luminar 4 but Aurora is selling for £94 on Skylum's site so this deal was a no brainer. For the £20 you also get to download a bunch of LOOKS (Presets), Sky backgrounds and loads of other excellent stuff.
Be quick there is only 1 day left ( ends 2nd Dec 17:00 GMT) - - - here's the link - BTW I have no connection with either Skylum or Humble Bundle, just is an incredible deal to share

https://www.humblebundle.com/softwa...poweredphotoeditorwithluminar4_softwarebundle

Last edited:
You can get Luminar 4 AND Aurora HDR AND Photolemur 3 for £20 !! Yes, that's 3 progs for £20 ........ fulll progs, all the registration codes etc...

I already had Luminar 4 but Aurora is selling for £94 on Skylum's site so this deal was a no brainer. For the £20 you also get to download a bunch of LOOKS (Presets), Sky backgrounds and loads of other excellent stuff.
Be quick there is only 1 day left ( ends 2nd Dec 17:00 GMT) - - - here's the link - BTW I have no connection with either Skylum or Humble Bundle, just is an incredible deal to share

https://www.humblebundle.com/softwa...poweredphotoeditorwithluminar4_softwarebundle

Thanks to you I now have this package added to ON1 Raw and Affinity Photo that I have already :ROFLMAO: At £20 I just couldn't resist having a play.....

I’ve tried Luminar 4 for a year and have decided possibly go back to Lightroom. Luminar is slow, especially on exporting and also the editing function. I compared to ON1 and it takes twice as long. They also seem to have stopped improving it because they are pushing AI

Glad it's been of some help @scotty38 .
I was using Luminar 4 to show a Beginners group I'm tutoring how easy it is to go from a straight camera shot to a 'better' image without the fearsome Photoshop route.
Looking round the 'Net for '1-click' solutions I found the sale.
Agreed, it's not the best but it is fairly useful introduction to PP for newbies.

Yep agreed. There seems to be a heck of a lot to have a play with so for £20 I thought why not....

OK the fly in the soup is that Luminar 4 will not be updated after another year, no Luminar 5 only Luminar AI that is being shunted as a new software and owners of Luminar 4 cannot get the Luminar AI as an upgrade, pay full price for a what they say is new software, people over on there forum who have been loyal customers are not very happy, beleive they have gone down the path as Topaz Labs did by saying all this new AI software is not part of what they offered when you bought there products before 'a life time update/s free of charge.
Russ.

Thanks to you I now have this package added to ON1 Raw and Affinity Photo that I have already :ROFLMAO: At £20 I just couldn't resist having a play.....

you've just made me spend £20..... err thank you (I think)
will have to download and try later.

edit quotes

Last edited:
humm i might actually ask for my money back for this - as soon as I imported some photos into Luminar it did slow down - even zooming in takes a couple of seconds..

Shame as I really wanted to get rid of LR - oh well lets see if there money back guarantee works !

humm i might actually ask for my money back for this - as soon as I imported some photos into Luminar it did slow down - even zooming in takes a couple of seconds..

Shame as I really wanted to get rid of LR - oh well lets see if there money back guarantee works !
Oh dear. I still use LR6 due to the same reasons as yourself but I am holding back on mac OSX for compatibility reasons. I have affinity but like keyword features...... maybe I just keep an older mac for images.....

There's a fair bit of AI stuff in there already. I added a Milky Way sky to one of my pictures yesterday said to my wife "Look at this I just took". She was mightily impressed lol.....

I was very nearly tempted at £20 as I have the free version of Capture One.
However as the various reviews mentioned the slow ups particularly I just missed the boat..........and I'm still 50/50!
I really want the full Capture One at £50 for a one off license....some hopes!
My old Adobe PS Elements is 5 (15years old) and still very useful......
Never been an 'NVC'..... 'New Version Chaser' ;)

Back