Luminar ?

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Are any Mac users tempted by Macphuns new Luminar ? The intro price of £44 is tempting.

Only thing that puts me off is that it doesn't catalogue/organise your photos but it does work with Apple Photo...

Catalogues etc coming in v 1.1 I believe
I love their B&W software Tonality, prefer even to Silver FX Pro

I will be trying it out along with On1 photo raw soon

Not a lover of LR since abandoning Aperture (wistful sigh)

I've just downloaded the demo - I like it and certainly seems to quickly improve images

Got a new iMac recently, so very tempted. Following with interest ...

Only spent 30 mins with it as mid mix. But it appears good so far. I LOVED their b&w software (can't remember its name), quicker to get a good result than SFX pro

Only spent 30 mins with it as mid mix. But it appears good so far. I LOVED their b&w software (can't remember its name), quicker to get a good result than SFX pro

Think the B&W software your'e referring to might be Tonality

I took a look at it but two thing put me off.

1) Their presets look like something from instagram (only worse) and they have ridiculous names - Noble Beauty and Mysterious Girl. What's all that about? :eek:

2) They refer to Matt Granger as a world-class photographer on their website. No offence to him as I think he's a very good teacher, but he's not even a very good photographer, let alone World Class.

I've tried the demo and I like it - plenty of pre-sets but also plenty of options to create your own filters etc

I just bought this and giving it a go ... so far it's easy to use and the "work space" adaptability is nice :)

I've been trying it recently, got the trial but it's not the latest version. I keep reading about how great it is but find it pretty much a messy, clunky way to work with crude results. I rarely get on with presets and this seems to be particularly geared to that approach, the Luminar ones really don't seem to deliver much that I would want. I usually use DxO or Photoshop CS6 and maybe I'm just not doing it right. Has anyone had good results with this, it's on sale at the moment if anybody's interested? I don't need it but was expecting something better.

Last edited:
Back