Mac Advice Please

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking to buy a I mac and have been looking Secondhand and have been offered a 20 inch alluminium model 2.0ghz 1 gb ram 250 HD for £600. however since the introduction of the new 21.5 inch John Lewis are offering the 20 inch for £799 which comes with a 2 year warranty.

What should i do?

'comes with a 2 year warranty' says it all really, £200 is not 'that much'
However if your after a more powerfull one, I am sure I saw one in classifieds today.

I know £200 is a lot but your not talking something that you can just whip the side off and throw a new card into. Imacs can be taken in bits but from what I have read not that easily and bits aren't exactly cheap. If it was me I would pay the extra £200 get myself two years of no hassle use and then every year after would be on top.

just my opinion

yeah buy new or check out the refurbs via apple online

Thanks guys. Just been into John LEWIS to collect the new computer and I have walked out with the new 21,5 inch model as its 4GB with 500 HD and wireless keyboard and magic mouse and whats more 2 years piece of mind.

Sensible move imo (y)

Enjoy :)

Thanks guys. Just been into John LEWIS to collect the new computer and I have walked out with the new 21,5 inch model as its 4GB with 500 HD and wireless keyboard and magic mouse and whats more 2 years piece of mind.

the magic mouse you will love. I bought one for my 24 inch, it rocks

It has sort of gone unnoticed but the latest iMac is actually a desktop computer! The previous generation machines were really a laptop squeazed into a monitor case with this generation they are actually using desktop chipsets hence the four memory slots!

Darren :nono: stop making me want to upgrade my 20" :D

stop it, stop it, stop it :bat:

I still prefer a Mac Pro and separate monitor due to it's flexibility but the new 27" model with the same resolution as the 30" is rather nice. My variant 1 mac pro is still fast enough for anything thrown at it though so it will be a good while before I am upgrading the base unit. I do fancy a 2nd large monitor though.

All I have to do is plug it in and get started however work is getting in the Way

Not until you're running around with your fingers in your ears, singing "la la la la" (And I want video proof!) :D

:runaway:

:whistle: la la la la :whistle:

Pardon? :shrug:

Back