Mac OS Ventura

That’s odd I’ve got about 5 x gmail accounts on mine. Are you adding them to Apple’s Mail?

I click on Add account then click Google Mail but it then takes me to login my gmail via Brave browser and then nothing happens, not overly fussed as I now have all my stuff and passwords back up and running.

Slightly off topic, but seeing as we have a room full of mac users, I'm seeing a lot of ads online for CleanMyMac. Has anyone here used it? Is it any good?

Slightly off topic, but seeing as we have a room full of mac users, I'm seeing a lot of ads online for CleanMyMac. Has anyone here used it? Is it any good?
I haven't but I've seen a lot of mixed comments ... some saying it's great, some saying avoid it and some saying it isn't necessary.

I tried it last night and it wanted to delete tons of stuff, so went to bed and got it fixed and like gramps I have seen mixed comments.

I have been using Clean My Mac for years it works great. The auto scan looks for viruses as well but takes quite a time. I run it about once a month using the Remove System Junk Tab option first then under the maintenance tab I select Free up purgeable space. It really does find all the junk on your mac. If you have never run any software like this before be prepared for a surprise. It saves Giga Bytes. I am certainly a fan.

Last edited:
Maybe, if you have a friend with a Mac, you can ask them to burn the .iso of a previous MacOS to a USB key as a bootable device, then install and recover your files during the install from your TimeMachine backup...
There are guides on this on the internet, just google it and see what people say.... Or you could maybe open an thread on Reddit or the apple Discussions forum.. People there tend to be very helpful and knowledgeable..

It was very strange as the first time Ventura downloaded it took about 10 mins, then with gramps help today I tried again and it took about an hour altogether. Everything is working a treat now and it's good and fast.

I dislike software that doesn't achieve most of what it claims. Also software that is heavily advertised - a created need is not a need.

It says it got 5 x more free disk space on a 512GB SSD. Not telling you how much was originally there... I can get 5x more free disk space on an SSD, for free

Last edited:
Well I bit the bullet and updated to Ventura
at first I thought I’d made a huge mistake as Affinity photo wouldn’t run properly but restarted my MacBook pro and it was fine as was DXO photolab 5
to be honest for what I do I can’t see any difference, mainly Convert and adjust Raws with DXO deep Prime and edit in Affinity
only thing it now prompts when I connect a periferal like an external drive

Touch wood I’ve been on it now for a couple days. No had no really big issues, just a software update issue, but tbf that more down to my boss forgetting his iTunes password.

I dislike software that doesn't achieve most of what it claims. Also software that is heavily advertised - a created need is not a need.

It says it got 5 x more free disk space on a 512GB SSD. Not telling you how much was originally there... I can get 5x more free disk space on an SSD, for free

After doing the initial scan for system junk it shows you a breakdown of what unnecessary files it has found by category. Like Cache files, language files, user log files, system logs etc. Then it allows you if you want to review the details of each category and shows each selcted individual file and it's size so you can decide if you want to keep it for some reason.
I fail to see what more any software app could do to tell you exactly what it will be deleting. So don't understand what you are claiming.
I like to keep my Mac running efficiently and this is one piece of software that delivers on that. It delivers on everything it claims!

MacPaw is the Ukranian company that writes Clean MyMacX which is the apps full name. It is available on the App Store and has nearly 1200 reviews on there. It is over 4 years old and reached version 4.1 so they must. be doing something right.
I was amazed how many likes you got for your post. If people are happy as their macs clog up and slow down then fine I was only tryng to help.

Last edited:
I was amazed how many likes you got for your post. If people are happy as their macs clog up and slow down then fine I was only tryng to help.
TBF, my 'like' was just an acknowledgement of his post. People use the like button for various reasons. I never read too much into it.

Another small problem has popped up here. I don't use Stage Manager as I prefer using Spaces (separate desktops for separate jobs). I've always got a Finder window open on Desktop 1. But for the past couple of days I've found it sneakily sitting behind Safari on desktop 2. I switched on Stage Manager and quickly switched it back off again on day 1 after the install, so I doubt that SM has anything to do with this behaviour. It's possible that Finder and Safari are having a clandestine affair behind my back, but that doesn't seem likely. Finder always moves from Desktop 1 to Desktop 2, and for no apparent reason. I feel a restart coming on.

After doing the initial scan for system junk it shows you a breakdown of what unnecessary files it has found by category. Like Cache files, language files, user log files, system logs etc. Then it allows you if you want to review the details of each category and shows each selcted individual file and it's size so you can decide if you want to keep it for some reason.
I fail to see what more any software app could do to tell you exactly what it will be deleting. So don't understand what you are claiming.
I like to keep my Mac running efficiently and this is one piece of software that delivers on that. It delivers on everything it claims!

MacPaw is the Ukranian company that writes Clean MyMacX which is the apps full name. It is available on the App Store and has nearly 1200 reviews on there. It is over 4 years old and reached version 4.1 so they must. be doing something right.
Well, it is good that it works for you, and for others.

It isn't for me, and others.

I downloaded the driver and installed it and I can't see any difference from the driver I installed when I got the printer. I click on System Settings, Options & Supplies, and the Print Utility tab is still missing. No problem for now, though, as I can just use the front panel.
It should come with the driver so not sure what's going on. I did have a quick search to see if it was available as a direct download but couldn't find a link for it, sorry. It's a useful utility as I can check my ink levels, clean or align the print head, as well as do a nozzle check.

I used to use older versions of CleanMyMac, and was quite happy with its functionality. However I was eventually put off by frequently having to upgrade it, I seem to recall. Probably inevitable like Antivirus software, but a pain. I have though been thinking of buying the new X version as my old iMac is running a bit slower these days...

I have been using it for a few years now. It really does work. It's one of the few apps I actually feel comfortable paying for!

I guess things move on and they have to have a cut off point somewhere for new operating systems, I had the same issue with my old MacBook pro but it was struggling to run bigger image files anyway so I bought a new one

Well, if you want to continue using your MBP, you could move to Endeavour Linux, it runs great on a 2012 13" MBP
I'd be on Ubuntu if is wasnt for CaptureOne, Affinity etc

I guess things move on and they have to have a cut off point somewhere for new operating systems, I had the same issue with my old MacBook pro but it was struggling to run bigger image files anyway so I bought a new one
Yeah totally tech moves, usually we get a bit longer though, 8 years isnt a bad run and Big Sur will still get security updates for a while

Are there still issues with Ventura? I'm loathe to upgrade in truth, (I'm running Monterey) but my iPhone won't sync Music without the PC having Ventura installed :mad:

So all is well in Appleland? I think I’ll hold off my upgrade for the time being.

Back