Mac OS Ventura

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone took the plunge and installed this yet. If you have what are your thoughts ???

I’m waiting as well
I’m sure it’s all good but want to double check that DXO and Affinity are ok with this new update before I install it

I've had the beta running for a few weeks now with no problems.
What software are you running with it ?
Don't want to install and find some of my software does not work.

Is it that much different from Monterey, a lot of folks say it is not worth upgrading if you are not into social media and don't have an iPad.

I’ve installed it (as well as 16.1 on the iPhone/iPads) but I never use the new features! :)
Glaring orange startup screen is a bit overpowering in the morning mind! :eek:

My backups have completed, so I am installing now.

I installed it this morning. Turned on Stage Manager, but turned it off soon after. Seems like something that'll be more useful on the iPad for me. Biggest change for me is the System Settings which now mirror iOS/iPadOS which seems to make sense.

I was going to say that I've had no issues, then Edge crashed while I was writing this post!

OK, I'm downloading it now, will see what works OK and what does not, as long as my adobe apps work along with Barcode Producer and Fontexplorer pro the I will be happy.

I've been having a play with SM and I'm starting to see it's value thanks to a couple of YouTube videos.

Firefox is a browser for Windows, MacOS, iOS and Linux: https://www.mozilla.org
Yeah, I knew that. :LOL:
Ghostery is an add-on to FireFox that blocks ads/fingerprinter/trackers and is free

Multi-Account Containers is another add-on to Firefox that lets you isolate websites into what they see as a single browser. So, if you visit Facebook and limit it to only ever open in the Facebook container, then it cannot see what you are doing in the other container windows, so it cannot track how you move across the internet, what you are buying, looking at etc in other containers.
Thanks, I'll give that a go. Not used FF for years.

I find it breaks a some websites, or simply won't load them... It's not as easy to use as Firefox with Ghostery and containers...

Tried it, had issues with some websites loading.

Strange, I've been using it for a while now and never come across any websites that won't load.

The shield can sometimes break a website like bank logins etc but usually disabling shield for that website sorts it out.

Strange, I've been using it for a while now and never come across any websites that won't load.

The shield can sometimes break a website like bank logins etc but usually disabling shield for that website sorts it out.
Going with Awfer's suggestion for now (seems quite zippy), but may revisit Brave at some point.

Just added Awfer's two suggestions. Thanks!

I upgraded last night. Everything seems OK except one thing. I wanted to clean the print heads on my Epson EcoTank printer and I usually do this from System Settings (was Preferences). But the Utility tab was missing from the Options and Supplies dialog. If anyone else uses a printer with their Mac, it might be a good idea to check whether you've still got this tab. Mine is an air printer (i.e. no cable) but that shouldn't make a difference. It could be up to Epson to update their software, or it could be Apple missing a feature.

I did the job using the minuscule front panel on the printer, by the way, but it's fiddly.

It seems quite few on here don't like Safari. Can I ask what is wrong with it?

I don't like the fact that bookmarks are on the left
Apple has had this request raised on their support forum but so far no sign of it being introduced. I just use the dropdown from the top menu which works for me.

Upgraded my personal Mac last night. Everything went well and everything seems to be working as it should.

Not sure about the garish Orange desktop though. May need to change that.

Stage Manager looks interesting. I've turned in on for now and will see how I get on with it. I'm not really sure it does much more than dock already does.

Well I'm back to Monterey as of now.

Had a go with Ventura yesterday and a couple of apps needs updates.
Adguard does not work, neither does Vuescan (put a ticket in for this)
Also was a nightmare getting onto internet, couldn't connect to wifi even though it was showing up.

The only salvation is that I have a nice clean system now as I wiped the drive and did a fresh install from recovery.

Hate it but can't see a way of changing it at startup, at least my desktop kicks in after login. :(

Last edited:
Upgraded my personal Mac last night. Everything went well and everything seems to be working as it should.

Simply right-click on the Desktop and select Change Wallpaper you have a big choice to select from. Once changed that will always be the default.

I upgraded last night. Everything seems OK except one thing. I wanted to clean the print heads on my Epson EcoTank printer and I usually do this from System Settings (was Preferences). But the Utility tab was missing from the Options and Supplies dialog. If anyone else uses a printer with their Mac, it might be a good idea to check whether you've still got this tab. Mine is an air printer (i.e. no cable) but that shouldn't make a difference. It could be up to Epson to update their software, or it could be Apple missing a feature.

I did the job using the minuscule front panel on the printer, by the way, but it's fiddly.
I use Printer Utility v.4 for a couple of different tasks including head cleaning and that still works. Hope that helps.
Had a go with Ventura yesterday and a couple of apps needs updates
Adguard does not work, neither does Vuescan (put a ticket in for this)
Also was a nightmare getting onto internet, couldn't connect to wifi even though it was showing up.
I run Adguard and that is running ok. Not had internet wi-fi issues either, fwiw.

I might add that I did have a slow Mail loading issue before (it can take up to a couple of minutes sometimes to load the contents of an email) and that seems to have gone i.e. it's now immediate as it should/used to be.

Last edited:
It looks messy, but ...
It doesn't change the login screen, it just does what mine already does i.e. changes screen to my desktop picture after login.

Simply right-click on the Desktop and select Change Wallpaper you have a big choice to select from. Once changed that will always be the default.
That doesn't change the LOGIN screen :)

It doesn't change the login screen, it just does what mine already does i.e. changes screen to my desktop picture after login.

That doesn't change the LOGIN screen :)
You sure? I've not read the entire thing but the title says "Change the Login Screen Background", the image says "Customize Login Screen" and the very first sentence says "here’s the tutorial on how to change Mac login Backgroud Picture or “Enter password” Screen Backgroud with your Wallpaper"

If that doesn't do what you want to do them I'm not sure what it is you want to do.

You sure? I've not read the entire thing but the title says "Change the Login Screen Background", the image says "Customize Login Screen" and the very first sentence says "here’s the tutorial on how to change Mac login Backgroud Picture or “Enter password” Screen Backgroud with your Wallpaper"

If that doesn't do what you want to do them I'm not sure what it is you want to do.

The instructions are for older versions of macOs with slight changes for Ventura.
Following the instructions through on my M1 iMac I come to exactly the same endpoint and my Desktop picture is already in the required location.
I made this change over a year ago (following a different set of instructions) and it only changes the Desktop, it doesn't change the Login Screen ... at Startup, after I login with my password it changes to my preferred picture but at Startup it is always the orange screen.

Back